Mouse sticks to window edge?

Started by jthorsson, April 11, 2015, 10:21:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jthorsson

Hi
There is one behavior of IMatch which I would very much like to disable.  Every time I move the mouse over the program window edge it sticks there but does not move freely over it.  This must be an IMatch thing and no other programs behave like that.  I have looked through all preferences but not found anything related to diabling this. 
Does anyone know how to disable this behavior?

Thanks in advance,
Johann

Richard

When I move the mouse over the program window edge it changes to a double ended arrow to allow one to resize the window. However, that is SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) as far as I am concerned. Yes the arrow tends to stick there but only if the cursor is not moved past the edge.

Since we seem to see two different behaviors, I suggest that you elaborate on what results you get.

Carlo Didier

I can reproduce this, but only if I move the mouse quite slowly. If I move it with my usual speed, I don't even notice if it shortly lock on the window border.

Carlo Didier

Quote from: Richard on April 11, 2015, 10:37:32 PMYes the arrow tends to stick there but only if the cursor is not moved past the edge.

Actually, if you move the mouse real slow, it sticks there "forever", even if you continue moving the mouse.

jthorsson

It is like Carlo Didier describes. 

When I move the cursor over the edge it changes into a double arrow (like for any other program window) but it sticks there, and if I am moving it very slowly it sticks there permanently unless you force it off by increasing the speed.

This is the only program I have that shows this behavior.

Mario

Please see the release notes for version 5.3.2 which explains the reason for this behavior.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

jthorsson

Thank you for the clarification Mario.  I hope the toolkit will be upgraded with respect to this "feature".

This is really the only thing I can complain about, IMatch 5 is a great piece of software.

ColinIM

Quote from: Mario on April 12, 2015, 09:08:14 AM
Please see the release notes for version 5.3.2 which explains the reason for this behavior.

Yes, I have remembered the explanation you gave us in those release notes Mario, and on each IMatch update I've been hoping this would be fixed  :o

(Just joking ...) I wonder if a bunch of us IMatch Users should/could send a hundred "+1"s or send a 'Group' Feature Request to the toolkit vendor to say "please please allow us to disable this ..."!!!  ::)

I'm not even "adapting" to this strange mouse behaviour ... it's so bewilderingly UNorthodox and it keeps surprising (and irritating) me!

Let's hope the toolkit vendor changes it soon.
Colin P.

Mario

The toolkit vendor is aware, many developers complained.
But their release schedule is about 3-4 months between updates.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook