Version based filter

Started by Joe Austin, July 23, 2013, 01:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Austin

So far I haven't been able to find a filter combination to, within the current scope, show all master files that have a particular type (.psd for example) of version.

Any suggestions?

Mario

Try combining a Collection filter on Relations > Master and a file format filter.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

BenAW

Something like in the attached screenshot should work.
There is a bug in the filter when combining more than one filter. This filter gives ALL images, while the result should be zero images.

[attachment deleted by admin]

ChrisMatch

Have you tried the 'File Properties' filter and the 'File Format' filter?

Mario

QuoteThere is a bug in the filter when combining more than one filter. This filter gives ALL images, while the result should be zero images.

Is this a new bug report or is there already an open bug? Which filter do you mean? The Collection filter? Did you try switching from AND to OR.

I've made a quick check with two Master collections. When I check them both and also enable the Boolean OR operator, PSD and NEF masters are shown. The result will of course be empty when I use AND, because a file can only be in one master collection (usually).

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Ferdinand

I can confirm this.  It seems to relate to the "File Format" sub-panel, because you get this effect as soon as you enable it, even before you check a file format.  Other sub-panels seem ok, but I haven't checked them all.

Joe Austin

Quote from: Mario on July 23, 2013, 01:42:09 PM
Try combining a Collection filter on Relations > Master and a file format filter.

As I read it this would pick out master files that are a certain format version, not that have a certain format version.

What I want is:

In a folder with

aaaa.cr2 with version   aaaa.jpg
bbbb.cr2 with no version
cccc.cr2 with version cccc.psd

I want to be able to create a filter for "Show me master files with a .psd version" and get only cccc.cr2 in the window.

Joe Austin

Ah,  I see it now.  The collections filter group has selections (under Relations-master/version) for each of the relations rules that you create.   That is what I need.

Now if we can just get relations working correctly.......

BenAW

Quote from: Joe Austin on July 27, 2013, 01:11:53 AM
Now if we can just get relations working correctly.......
Not sure who the "we" is you're referring to, but my relations are working fine...........

Joe Austin

see my posts on relation issues.....