Duplicate attributes after IMatch 3 migration

Started by lmnorris, February 24, 2015, 06:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lmnorris

In the attribute panel of my iMatch 5 database, the attributes that I imported from iMatch 3 have been duplicated.  That is, I have two instances of the Title, Description and Attributes for each photo which was imported from iMatch 3 to iMatch 5.  The panel also showed another set, Image_1, which was completely empty, and which I deleted--maybe the wrong thing to do? Is there an easy, fast way to delete the duplicated information without having to delete the whole set? Thanks! Lorena

Mario

Such a problem was never reported before. And quite a number of databases have been converted since June last year.
I have no idea how IMatch may duplicate information while migrating properties into Attributes. For each source property set it creates an Attribute set. For each source property, it creates one Attribute. Then it copes the properties data "as-is" from IMatch 3 to IMatch 5, converting/mapping data types as needed.

Please give us more information to work with:

The database converter log files (3, see the help file for the database converter for details)

The structure of your properties in IMatch 3, maybe export a couple of files via Database menu > Import & Export > Export Property Schema. Check the export data, export image property set options. This will show me what's in your IMatch 3 database.

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

lmnorris

Thanks, Mario.  I figured as much.  I was pretty sure that a combination of user and computer error was the problem. My computer crashed mid-way through the conversion, and I encountered some issues after that, which I handled in my usual "efficient" way, which means that I improvised.

It really is not a big deal.  If there is no way to delete them quickly, I can live with the duplicates just fine.  But I'll try to get you those files in the next couple of days. Thanks again.  Lorena

Mario

The easiest way is probably to drop the existing data (delete all Attributes in IMatch 5) and then re-import the properties from IMatch 3.
For this, export the property schema with data (!) from IMatch 3 to a file. See the IMatch 3 help for details.

Then import it into IMatch 5 via Edit > Preferences > Attributes: Import IMatch 3 Property Schema.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

lmnorris