How to export an image from IMATCH to Your Iphone 6 for a full screen Image!

Started by kiwilink, January 06, 2015, 06:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiwilink

I recently bought a new Iphone 6 (not the Plus) and I wanted to export my images from IMATCH using the Export command.  Friends who have been sending images to their new Iphone 6  find that when they open up their images on their phone in Camera Roll or My Photo Stream or Recent they click on the photo and then they have to use their fingers to "pinch the photo" and expand it to fill up their entire screen..  The problem is if you are showing someone pictures on your phone you have to do this for every picture that you scroll to (resize it with your fingers so it fills the entire screen).  AND, if you want to go back to a previous photo on the phone you have to resize it again with your fingers.

Here is the solution and its sooooo easy thanks to IMATCH (everyone is asking me why my photos are perfectly sized!.)

Go to "Views/Panels" then "Import/Export" and create a Preset under the Image Batch Processor (Copy an existing one and rename it Iphone6).  You just have to modify the "Units" screen and change the resolution from 72 to 326 (see the attachment resolution below).  Go to the next screen and change the "Resize and Rotate" to "Fill (Center)" then modify the pixel size to 750 and 1334 for a portrait image or 1334 and 750 for a Landscape image and then save the Preset (see the 2nd attachment below).  I made two presets (one for Landscape pictures I shoot with my Iphone and one for Portrait).

That is it!  Then just pick your photos in IMATCH that you want to send to your Iphone and drag them to "EMAIL" on the "Import/Export" panel.  Make sure you choose the Batch Processor Preset at the bottom of this screen (see last attachment).

Now open your email and save the images to your Camera Roll on the phone.  When you open them they will fill up the entire screen!!

Hope this helps you if you have a new Iphone 6. 

I love IMATCH!

Michael (Kiwilink)

P.S.  Thanks to "AFLENGLER" for helping me with the "Fill/Center" option!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mario

Thanks for sharing this tip.

This looks like you are using a slightly older IMatch version. Because the 5.2.18 introduced a best fit option for the Fill modes which allows you to use one preset for both portrait/landscape images.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

kiwilink

Mario:

You were right and I didn't even notice I was working on an older version.  I get so caught up in using IMATCH I didn't see the message in the lower left hand corner.  Thanks for pointing this out!

Mike

Mario

By default, IMatch checks for updates once a week (Edit > Preferences > Application to configure).
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook