Resize with automaticly cutting posible?

Started by RainerG, June 05, 2013, 06:31:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RainerG

The pic-format of my Canon 650D is 3:2. My picture-frame has 4:3, the TV 16:9, my ipad 4:3, ...

It is possible to cut automaticly top/bottom or left/right?

for example:
original pic: 1800x1200 pixel (only an example!!)
for my picture-frame: 800x600

I will not have an pic with 800x533. I will have an pic with 800x600 with cutting left and right side automaticly.

Is this possible with IMatch5?

Currently i use the Fast Stone Photo Resizer. --> http://www.faststone.org/FSResizerDetail.htm
With that tool it's possible to cut automaticly!
RainerGausH
www.BunteReisebilder.de

jch2103

See the Help file for the Import & Export module. It has lots of options, including setting fixed dimensions.
John

Mario

QuoteWith that tool it's possible to cut automaticly!

Well, then you already have a solution for this very specific problem.

I doubt that many users will need such a feature built into IMatch. But of course you can add a feature request into the proper board so other users who also need this specific way of cropping images can join in. This will tell me how important the feature is (how many users want it).
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

RainerG

Quote from: Mario on June 05, 2013, 07:17:53 PM
QuoteWith that tool it's possible to cut automaticly!

Well, then you already have a solution for this very specific problem.

I think it ist not an very specific problem ;-). Many people has an ipad, TV, picture frame, ... for looking the pics. And a pic wiht black bars is not so beautiful :-).

Has the scriptmodul all functionality to develop an own resizemodul with automaticly cut/crop?
Then i can take my 'eingerostetes' developer know-how for making my own (very small) resizer ;-).

But i will also write an thread in the feature-request-board and hope that many users need this feature :-).
RainerGausH
www.BunteReisebilder.de

sinus

Quote from: RainerG on June 05, 2013, 06:31:05 PM

I will not have an pic with 800x533. I will have an pic with 800x600 with cutting left and right side automaticly.

Of course this is "a problem".
But automatically cutting ... this is for a lot of photographer, I think, a horrible idea. Because usually they cut they pics very carefully and now comes an "automatic brain" and cuts simply some pixels here and there.

I think, a lot of photographers would prefere in such cases to do the cutting self or live with some borders on the pics.

BTW: As I wrote somewhere here, I guess, if you work with xmp-sidecars, this could be also a solution, because you can edit the xmp-cropping "by hand", hence I think, a scripter could do this also by a script.
If IM5 does support such a cutting with a script-class, I do not know. But when I look at the script "Render XAML Markup", and I have a result (from a NEF!) very quickly, I would think, that now or someday such a cutting is possible with a script.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

sinus

I had a short look into the helpsystem of The IMImage Class

and I am pretty sure, that you can solve there your wish.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus