Imatch files in C:\system - legit?

Started by ubacher, December 26, 2014, 01:01:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ubacher

I see that Imatch has files under c:\system. (On my system at least)
Since it seems to be the only user of this folder I was wondering if this was legit?

jch2103

Not on my system (no such folder exists). What version of Windows are you running? Did you install IMatch in the installer's default location?

John

ubacher

I recently installed windows 7 from scratch on the laptop. Strange happening: It created a
disk E, 100Mb in size which holds, it seems, the boot record only.
I have an SSD, 256 Gb, divided into C and D with 15Gb of unused space.

(I installed over the existing system.)

( I suspect that this disk was formed from unused space that was available.)

I suppose this must be the root of the observed "system" folder.

Mario

Never heard about such a folder name, it's most likely no standard Windows folder.
IMatch does only install files in %PROGRAMFILES\photools.com%, %APPDATA\photools.com% and %USERDATA\photools.com%. The physical locations of these special folders may vary between Windows editions, languages and environments.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

ubacher

I need some help to sort this out: WINDOWS 7!

I have no %USERDATA% variable defined. What I have is listed in attached file.

The files which are in c:\system are listed in attached file. Where should they be?
I assume under %USERDATA%

QuoteIMatch does only install files in %PROGRAMFILES\photools.com%,.......
I assume this should say %PROGRAMFILES(X86)\photools.com%

Guessing: I need to define %USERDATA% (Why is it missing? Where/how do I define it?) and reinstall Imatch.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Ferdinand

I have  c:\system on my laptop, but not on my desktop.

It seems to have duplicates of some folders from the C:\ProgramData\photools.com\IMatch5 branch, but not a complete set.

All the folders in c:\system were created on 23 Aug 2014.  Looking at the time and date stamps on older versions of IMatch (the downloaded exe) it seems that they were created when I installed 5.1.14 on the laptop.  No file in c:\system has been modified since then.

:o

Ferdinand

I've had another clue.  I had some issues running pack and go at some stage, and it may date from that.   The dates do correspond, roughly.