Metadata Template

Started by cthomas, November 21, 2014, 04:53:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthomas

I am trying to use the  Metadata Template to add my Copyright to my files. This is the help file I read and used as an example to set my up but my doesn't work. What am I doing wrong?

By the way how can I get it to show the different camera's I used to take a picture with?

[attachment deleted by admin]
Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

Mario

What does "does not work mean", exactly? How do you apply the Metadata Template? Where do you apply the template?
Is the metadata not filled?
Show me your Template, the one from the help is not useful.

QuoteI get it to show the different camera's I used to take a picture with?
Where do you want to show the camera name?
In the file window? Viewer? Metadata Panel?...
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

jch2103

Quote from: cthomas on November 21, 2014, 04:53:11 AM
By the way how can I get it to show the different camera's I used to take a picture with?

Camera make and model are probably already in your database. Try using the 'Image Info' and/or 'Browser' metadata panel drop-down options. You can also make your own custom metadata panel. See Help for more details.

John

cthomas

Quote from: Mario on November 21, 2014, 09:33:07 AM
What does "does not work mean", exactly? How do you apply the Metadata Template? Where do you apply the template?
Is the metadata not filled?
Show me your Template, the one from the help is not useful.

QuoteI get it to show the different camera's I used to take a picture with?
In the file window? Viewer? Metadata Panel?...

What does "does not work mean", exactly? It means that my Copyright info does not show up.

How do you apply the Metadata Template? Where do you apply the template? Since the Apply button is greyed out the only other thing was to try just clicking OK. I could not find any thing else in the help file as to Apply.

Is the metadata not filled? Here is an image of what I have filled in.

Show me your Template. Here it is.

In the file window? and/or the Metadata Panel?...

Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

jch2103

Quote from: cthomas on November 21, 2014, 11:50:55 PM
How do you apply the Metadata Template? Where do you apply the template?
Since the Apply button is greyed out the only other thing was to try just clicking OK. I could not find any thing else in the help file as to Apply.

I may see what's going on, although I'm not sure. You've set up the desired metadata template, but you need to apply it from a different location. Look along the top of the Metadata panel for the Metadata Templates icon, and specifically the drop-down. Select the files to which you want to apply the template and choose the Set copyright info template.

Let us know if that doesn't work.
John

cthomas

Quote from: jch2103 on November 22, 2014, 12:25:31 AM
Quote from: cthomas on November 21, 2014, 11:50:55 PM
How do you apply the Metadata Template? Where do you apply the template?
Since the Apply button is greyed out the only other thing was to try just clicking OK. I could not find any thing else in the help file as to Apply.

I may see what's going on, although I'm not sure. You've set up the desired metadata template, but you need to apply it from a different location. Look along the top of the Metadata panel for the Metadata Templates icon, and specifically the drop-down. Select the files to which you want to apply the template and choose the Set copyright info template.

Let us know if that doesn't work.

Well I think we are getting closer. I went to the file view and selected twenty or thirty images. Clicked on the Metadata templates went down and clicked set Copyright Info and the selected imaged showed some copyright info. But the Copyright info didn't show the info wright. For example it showed the word Copyright and right next to it no spaces showed four YYYY's and then a space and my name Carl Thomas.

Take a look at the image.

BTW How can I get the names of my cameras to show?

Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

jch2103

There seems to be a missing space in your metadata template entry between 'Copyright' and '{Application.DateTime...'. I think that accounts for the result you got.

Regarding camera make/models, see my note above: https://www.photools.com/community/index.php?topic=3783.msg25272#msg25272

Let us know if that helps.

John
John

cthomas

Quote from: jch2103 on November 22, 2014, 02:59:18 AM
There seems to be a missing space in your metadata template entry between 'Copyright' and '{Application.DateTime...'. I think that accounts for the result you got.

Regarding camera make/models, see my note above: https://www.photools.com/community/index.php?topic=3783.msg25272#msg25272

Let us know if that helps.

John

OK, I put the space in and I get.

But I still don't how to get my camera info.

Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

Mario

1. If you have not already done so, please get yourself acquainted with Metadata Templates and the corresponding features and how to manually or automatically apply metadata templates by reading the corresponding help topic.

2. Like with all features in IMatch which allow you to use variables, you only need to input the correct variables to get what you want. If you want to include the camera make or model in your metadata template. When you press the "Insert Variables" button in the Metadata Template editor, IMatch opens the standard Variables selector dialog box. If you have never used it, press <F1> or click on "Help" when the dialog is open.

To include camera make or model in your template, just add the corresponding variables:

1. Open the Variables Selector dialog
2. Click on the Tag Selector(because you want to insert a metadata variable)
3. In the Standard tag list, scroll down until you find Make (or Model) or whatever you want to insert

Press <F1> while the tag selector dialog is open to learn about metadata tags and how you can access all the information IMatch maintains for your files.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

cthomas

Quote from: Mario on November 22, 2014, 11:01:22 AM
1. If you have not already done so, please get yourself acquainted with Metadata Templates and the corresponding features and how to manually or automatically apply metadata templates by reading the corresponding help topic.

2. Like with all features in IMatch which allow you to use variables, you only need to input the correct variables to get what you want. If you want to include the camera make or model in your metadata template. When you press the "Insert Variables" button in the Metadata Template editor, IMatch opens the standard Variables selector dialog box. If you have never used it, press <F1> or click on "Help" when the dialog is open.

To include camera make or model in your template, just add the corresponding variables:

1. Open the Variables Selector dialog
2. Click on the Tag Selector(because you want to insert a metadata variable)
3. In the Standard tag list, scroll down until you find Make (or Model) or whatever you want to insert

Press <F1> while the tag selector dialog is open to learn about metadata tags and how you can access all the information IMatch maintains for your files.

"1. If you have not already done so, please get yourself acquainted with Metadata Templates and the corresponding features and how to manually or automatically apply metadata templates by reading the corresponding help topic."  I have spent hours reading the help files but all I could find this in the help file. I would be happy to look If I new where to look/

Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

Mario

When I click on the Help button when the Metadata Template dialog is open, I get the help for metadata templates. What do you get?
I also entered Metadata Templates in the help index. This showed me the information about how to configure templates and also the other topics about metadata templates. Does this not work with your installation?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator