Trimming Tag Data - box

Started by sinus, November 19, 2014, 03:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinus

Always, when I do now a Diagnostic - run, then at the beginning comes the box with the 3 messages.

(see attachement)

And this, although I have not touched the Tag Manager.

Is this by design or a glitch?

[attachment deleted by admin]
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Richard

I get it also but I don't think it is a glitch. I am working with metadata and my guess is that in the process Tag Manger finds more superfluous junk to remove.

sinus

Quote from: Richard on November 19, 2014, 04:43:09 PM
I get it also but I don't think it is a glitch. I am working with metadata and my guess is that in the process Tag Manger finds more superfluous junk to remove.

I see. I thougth only, because there is written in the box "you have changed the tags group ...". And I have not, I closed and opened IMatch for sure 5-10 times, when I last changed the Tag Manager.

But, it's not imortant, after all, only  a bit irritating.
Markus

ubacher

I just had the same display and I was wondering why - or how to find out what supposedly has changed.

Mario

This dialog is shown when a specific flag is set. The Tag Manager sets this flag after changes were made.
The flag is also set by default because IMatch no longer imports certain bulky maker note tags, and the useless tags imported in older versions need to be removed in order to trim the database. So it's normal that you see this message, unless the diagnosis was run with the "remove now" option enabled.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

sinus

Quote from: Mario on November 20, 2014, 03:30:27 PM
This dialog is shown when a specific flag is set. The Tag Manager sets this flag after changes were made.
The flag is also set by default because IMatch no longer imports certain bulky maker note tags, and the useless tags imported in older versions need to be removed in order to trim the database. So it's normal that you see this message, unless the diagnosis was run with the "remove now" option enabled.

As I wrote, Mario: I did choose to "Remove superfluous data now" for sure 10 times.
So the diagnostics runned several time, always with this "trimming".
For sure I did not touch or even open the Tag Manager.
And I closed IMatch and opend it several times, for sure 10 times.

This box, what says, that I have changed the tag groups, displays every time, when I do a Database Diagnostics.
Markus

Mario

Show me a diagnosis log. It reports how many tags have been trimmed.
The "must trim" flag should be reset after a successful diagnosis run. I'll need to check that.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Mario

Ah, silly me. Found it. The default was set wrong. Sorry for that. Will work when you run a diagnosis once in 5.1.16.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

sinus

Quote from: Mario on November 21, 2014, 09:12:05 AM
Ah, silly me. Found it. The default was set wrong. Sorry for that. Will work when you run a diagnosis once in 5.1.16.

Fine! Thanks, Mario. The day will come, when glitches, bugs and feature requests drops to a very low number!  ;D
Markus

Richard

QuoteThe day will come, when glitches, bugs and feature requests drops to a very low number!

I have no doubt that IMatch 5 will become as rock solid as prior versions. However, I would hate to see the feature requests drop to a low number. Much of what IMatch is has been has been driven by users. It is one of the driving forces that keep IMatch growing and improving.