Applied Global Filter Not Automatically Updating

Started by Darius1968, November 17, 2014, 10:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darius1968

I'm currently using version (5.2.12) and apologize if what I report here is a bug that has been fixed for (5.2.14). 
I'm on a certain folder in M&F with a global filter applied, which blocks files in that folder that are also assigned to a category "For Consideration".  It's okay except that when I have the filter on and I assign a file to that said category, it does not automatically update!  I have to activate the button in the filter view to enforce an update "Apply the filter", and the button to the right "Automatically apply changes you make to the filter." is also checked.  So, what's wrong? 

Mario

There are limits of what can be done. It's not always possible to determine if a change the user does somewhere. Tracking everything would be very complicated, would ruin performance and would probably cause a lot of updates to the file window...

I understand that you look at the contents of a folder and filter out all files not in a specific category.
Now you assign a new file to that category. Where/how do you do that?
Did you press <F5> afterwards to reload the file window?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Darius1968

I look at the contents of a said folder with a global filter applied that is just set to simply exclude the display of files assigned to a said category, "_For Consideration". 

If I press <F5> after assigning a category to "_For Consideration", nothing happens.  But that's not what I did in the first place.  As is, for there to be an update, I must press the button to "Apply the filter" within the global filter dialog.  Is there a way for it to be automatic instead. 

Mario

You need to make the file window active (click into it) and then press <F5>.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook