Is it possible to disable the popup info in the viewer?

Started by Carlo Didier, September 06, 2014, 07:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlo Didier

I can't find how to disable the popup showing some metadata in the viewer when the mouse hovers over a thumbnail in the filmstrip.

My problem is that
1) I find it intruding and
2) most of the time it doesn't show the data of the image I just clicked on, i.e. which is displayed, which "moves" to the center of the filmstrip (actually, the filmstrip moves), so that the mouse doesn't hover over the selected images' thumbnail, but some other thumbnail.

See below screenshot where I clicked on an image which was then the 6th from the left in the filmstrip. The viewer displayed that image and shifted the filmstrip so that its thumbnail is in the center (green frame). But now, the mouse hovers over the image that's been shifted into 6th position and the popup comes up with the data for that image, which I'm absolutely not interested in at that point!

Another solution would be not to shift the filmstrip when I click on a thumbnail.

Also, I think in iMatch 3.x, if you moved the mouse near the left or right end of the filmstrip, it started moving. This doesn't work anymore.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mario

This popup only shows when you move the mouse in the upper right corner (approx. 1/4 of the image).
When you scroll by dragging the film strip, keep the mouse near the bottom of the thumbnail and the popup will never show.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Carlo Didier

Quote from: Mario on September 06, 2014, 07:28:48 PMWhen you scroll by dragging the film strip, keep the mouse near the bottom of the thumbnail and the popup will never show.
Thanks, but it would be much better to be able to disable it. I don't want to pay close attention to where exactly on the small thumbnail I'm clicking. I prefer to concentrate in the images.