IS this worth a feature request

Started by reader, July 12, 2013, 11:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reader

I wonder if other folks would find this helpful:

On the left hand side top, possibly on the menus line after 'Help', a small icon in a very subdued color, that spins or blinks slowly when imatch is processing data.

I realize the 'info' panel will tell that sort of stuff already but I have repeatedly not noticed it when working in im5

herman

There is something like that already, it can be found in the bottom right hand corner.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Enjoy!

Herman.

reader

Quote from: herman on July 12, 2013, 11:49:16 PM
There is something like that already, it can be found in the bottom right hand corner.

Oh Wow.. I missed that... But maybe that is a clue... I'd like something in position I described; Top left, maybe after the 'Help' in menu.  That little gadget would be see way more easily... at least by me.

Mario

IMatch is processing data in the background all the time. For example, If you assign a file to a category, all categories with formulas must be re-calculated. Changing metadata will require re-calculation of all data-driven categories, updates to collections, updates to the search engine. IMatch is a very busy bee at times.

Depending on what IMatch is currently doing it displays small icons in the indicator section of the status bar, or even larger progress bars when it is reading metadata, ingesting files or writing data.

It is all there already. You can close IMatch usually at all times and IMatch will pick up processing the next time you start it.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook