"@Collection[Pins]" works not like in the helpfile

Started by sinus, August 11, 2014, 08:54:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinus

Hi
In the helpfile is written:

@Collection[]
This keyword returns all files in the given collection. Having the ability to use collections in category formulas opens up all kinds of interesting possibilities.

Usage:

"@Collection[Pins]"This formula returns all files with at least one pin.

"@Collection[Dot.Red]"This formula returns all files with a red dot.

But "@Collection[Pins]" gives no images, though I have images with pins.

And "@Collection[Dot.Red]" works not, but it works if I use the formulas editor, what gives me "@Collection[Dots|Red]"

This is really not important, I can find all pins also with
"@Collection[Pins|Green]" OR "@Collection[Pins|Red]" OR "@Collection[Pins|Blue]"

Wanted only to mention, because in the help it is written not exactly like this.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

Please use the "Feedback" link available at the bottom of every help topic to inform me of mistakes, typos or to send in suggestions.

See also How to Help the Help

For this time, you don't need to email me. I've already corrected the help. The correct separator is | not . and to get all files with at least one pin, we of course need to use

"@Collection[Pins|Red]" OR "@Collection[Pins|Green]" OR "@Collection[Pins|Blue]"
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

sinus

OK, Thanks, Mario.

I thought finally, it is simply a small glitch, not a helpfile-issue, because the formula

"@Collection[Pins]"

simply does not work.

But ok, I will try to do, as you pointed out, use the feedback link of the helpfile.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus