CR2 files as thumbnails

Started by scottstone, April 14, 2014, 05:48:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scottstone

Does anyone know why IMatch only presents thumbnails for CR2 files?  Also, CR2 images shot with a portrait orientation are not rotated correctly.  I can see them properly in Windows Photo Viewer and in Bridge (if that helps)... and in File Explorer the images are oriented properly.  my images in TIFF, JPEG and DNG display flawlessly in IMatch.   

Mario

Which WIC codecs do you have installed.
Does IMatch report problems in the log file?
How to report bugs

Check one of your files with the WIC diagnosis:

1. Select the file
2. Help > Support > WIC Diagnostics

Attach the result because it will show us which WIC codec you have and it it is able to handle your files.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

scottstone

here you go....

List of installed codecs:
   Codec 'BMP Decoder' for extensions .bmp,.dib,.rle
   Codec 'GIF Decoder' for extensions .gif
   Codec 'ICO Decoder' for extensions .ico,.icon
   Codec 'JPEG Decoder' for extensions .jpeg,.jpe,.jpg,.jfif,.exif
   Codec 'PNG Decoder' for extensions .png
   Codec 'TIFF Decoder' for extensions .tiff,.tif
   Codec 'WMPhoto Decoder' for extensions .wdp,.jxr
   Codec 'DDS Decoder' for extensions .dds
   Codec 'Fuji Raw Decoder (FastPictureViewer Codec Pack)' for extensions .raf
   Codec 'Adobe Lightroom Preview Decoder (FastPictureViewer Codec Pack)' for extensions .lrprev,.noindex
   Codec 'Samsung Raw Decoder (FastPictureViewer Codec Pack)' for extensions .srw
   Codec 'Radiance HDR Decoder (FastPictureViewer Codec Pack)' for extensions .hdr,.pic,.rgbe,.xyze
   Codec 'PNM Decoder (FastPictureViewer Codec Pack)' for extensions .ppm,.pgm,.pbm,.pnm
   Codec 'OpenEXR Decoder (FastPictureViewer Codec Pack)' for extensions .exr
   Codec 'Hasselblad Raw Decoder (FastPictureViewer Codec Pack)' for extensions .3fr,.fff
   Codec 'Adobe DNG Decoder (FastPictureViewer Codec Pack)' for extensions .dng
   Codec 'TGA Decoder (FastPictureViewer Codec Pack)' for extensions .tga,.tpic,.vda,.icb,.vst
   Codec 'JPEG Rotator (FastPictureViewer Codec Pack)' for extensions .jpg,.jpeg,.jpe,.jfif,.exif,.jps
   Codec 'Canon Raw Decoder (FastPictureViewer Codec Pack)' for extensions .cr2,.crw
   Codec 'Epson Raw Decoder (FastPictureViewer Codec Pack)' for extensions .erf
   Codec 'Microsoft Camera Raw Decoder' for extensions .ARW,.CR2,.CRW,.ERF,.KDC,.MRW,.NEF,.NRW,.ORF,.PEF,.RAF,.RAW,.RW2,.RWL,.SR2,.SRW
   Codec 'Panasonic Raw Decoder (FastPictureViewer Codec Pack)' for extensions .rw2
   Codec 'Nikon Raw Decoder (FastPictureViewer Codec Pack)' for extensions .nef,.nrw
   Codec 'Leica Raw Decoder (FastPictureViewer Codec Pack)' for extensions .raw,.rwl
   Codec 'Sony Raw Decoder (FastPictureViewer Codec Pack)' for extensions .sr2,.srf,.arw
   Codec 'Mamiya Raw Decoder (FastPictureViewer Codec Pack)' for extensions .mef
   Codec 'Minolta Raw Decoder (FastPictureViewer Codec Pack)' for extensions .mrw
   Codec 'Rawzor Compressed Raw Format Previewer (FastPictureViewer Codec Pack)' for extensions .rwz
   Codec 'Adobe Digital Negative Format File Decoder' for extensions .dng
   Codec 'Pentax Raw Decoder (FastPictureViewer Codec Pack)' for extensions .pef
   Codec 'Sinar Raw Decoder (FastPictureViewer Codec Pack)' for extensions .cs1
   Codec 'Kodak Raw Decoder (FastPictureViewer Codec Pack)' for extensions .dcr,.kdc
   Codec 'DDS Decoder (FastPictureViewer Codec Pack)' for extensions .dds
   Codec 'Photoshop Document Decoder (FastPictureViewer Codec Pack)' for extensions .psd,.pdd
   Codec 'JPEG2000 Decoder (FastPictureViewer Codec Pack)' for extensions .jp2,.j2k
   Codec 'Olympus Raw Decoder (FastPictureViewer Codec Pack)' for extensions .orf
   Codec 'Sigma X3F Decoder (FastPictureViewer Codec Pack)' for extensions .x3f

Testing file 'D:\Photos\Photo Gallery\Raw Temp Storage\2012 Raw\Easter\IMG_1311.CR2'
   Thumbnail: Codec 'Canon Raw Decoder (FastPictureViewer Codec Pack)'
      () 104x160 pixel in 0 ms.
   Preview: Codec 'Canon Raw Decoder (FastPictureViewer Codec Pack)'
      () 3744x5616 pixel in 47 ms.
   Full resolution: Codec 'Canon Raw Decoder (FastPictureViewer Codec Pack)'
      () 3744x5616 pixel in 15 ms.

Mario

This looks good. IMatch could load the embedded full-size image data and should be able to show it in the Viewer and elsewhere.
The orientation IMatch uses is based on the orientation stored in the file.
You can see the EXIF orientation in the Metadata Panel when you switch it to browser mode. Search for orientation to find it. I would need to

a) see how IMatch displays the file
b) which orientation is reported for the file

or send me a sample file and include a log file so I can check for error messages and warnings. Enable the logging debug mode and add some of your files to a database. Then try to show them in the viewer. Then copy the log.

see How to report bugs for details.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

scottstone

When I created a new DB (as you instructed) with some of the problem images the new DB oriented all images properly and no longer only shows thumbnails.  The original DB still shows them incorrectly, however.  I've attached two logs and two screen shots.

* Log file "IMatch5_Log Original Dbase.TXT" and JPG "Original Dbase.JPG" are from my initial DB.  The JPG shows the "Composite" orientation and how the images have been reduced to thumbnails.

*Log file "IMatch5_Log Dbase for Mario.TXT" and JPG "Dbase for Mario.JPG."  This shows how every looks when I created a new DB to send to you.

Let me know if this is not what you need.  Thanks.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mario

Both log files contain a warning that IMatch was not closed properly. Did you have a crash or power failure? Did you kill IMatch via the Task Manager?
Did you run a database diagnosis?

Since both databases are created by the some software, using the same WIC codecs etc. I have no idea why the the one database can only extract the thumbnails. If you do a rescan with the force update option set, the old database will create the thumbnails and cache files in the same way as the new database, given that you have used the same options (cache settings etc.)

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

scottstone

I did the rescan w/forced update.  Everything is working fine now.  Thanks!