IMatch Categories or @Keywords

Started by cthomas, April 13, 2014, 08:43:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthomas

"will you want to manage your categories as IMatch Categories or @Keywords?  I assume you understand the difference if you've been following this forum." I saw this question in a long post the other day but the post didn't answer the question what is the difference between IMatch Categories or @Keywords.

So my question is What is the difference between IMatch Categories and/or @Keywords?
Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

joel23

Quote from: cthomas on April 13, 2014, 08:43:25 PM
"will you want to manage your categories as IMatch Categories or @Keywords?  I assume you understand the difference if you've been following this forum." I saw this question in a long post the other day but the post didn't answer the question what is the difference between IMatch Categories or @Keywords.

So my question is What is the difference between IMatch Categories and/or @Keywords?
In short: keywords are traveling with your images, either because they are embedded in the images (PSD, TIF, JPEG, DNG) or exist in their XMP sidecar files. By this they are visible and useable in other applications like PS, LR or when uploaded to online galleries (Flickr, Smugmug, etc)
Categories are only know to IMatch and not useable outside of it.
regards,
Joerg

Mario

Do you find the corresponding (and quite elaborate) information in the IMatch help unsatisfactory?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

sinus

The help of IM5 is very good and - my point of view - explains your question very good.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus