Keywords Top 50 Cloud View (Don't see anything)

Started by kiwilink, July 02, 2013, 10:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiwilink

I have two questions about the Keywords.

First, I have about 75 keywords in the database and under Recent I see most of them but I don't see anything like I see in the manual under the Cloud View.  In fact, I have nothing showing up in the Top 50.  How can I expose this view?

Secondly, I mis-spelled a keyword when I entered it.  I used the Editor to fix it but the mis-spelled word still shows up in the "Recent".  Is there a way for me to get rid of it or will it always show up?

Thanks!!

Michael

Mario

The Top 50 shows the 50 most frequently assigned keywords. You first need to work a while with the Keywords panel and assign keywords to your files to fill this list.

QuoteSecondly, I mis-spelled a keyword when I entered it.  I used the Editor to fix it but the mis-spelled word still shows up in the "Recent".

IMatch cannot know that you misspelled a keyword. How could it tell what to remove?
For IMatch you typed one keyword. Then replaced that keyword with another keyword.
It just remembers the last n keywords you have entered. If this poses a problem, you can clear the Recent history via the menu in the Keyword Panel Caption bar.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

kiwilink

Mario:

Thanks!  I misunderstood the Keyword "cloud" functionality.  I have assigned about 300 keywords but maybe not 50 different keywords.  I'll keep working on it.  Thanks.

P.S.  Should I be entering these in the Thesaurus instead of the Keywords panel?  I initially thought I could just start typing in my favorite Keywords on the Keywords panel and then I noticed it was assigning all of these to the single image that was highlighted.

Mario

QuoteI initially thought I could just start typing in my favorite Keywords on the Keywords panel and then I noticed it was assigning all of these to the single image that was highlighted.

Eh, yes. When you enter keywords in the Keyword Panel, these keywords are written to all selected files. This is the normal behavior of the Keyword Panel.
To add keywords to your thesaurus,

• use the Thesaurus Editor
  • or right-click a keyword in the Keyword Panel and choose Add to Thesaurus
  • Import the Keywords already in your files into your thesaurus as a start
    See How to quickly fill the thesaurus from exsiting keywords in the FAQ board, which you have read for sure already
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

kiwilink

Mario:

See the attachment.  I was adding a keyword and I received the word "Updating" on the Keyword panel.  It stayed like this like it was hung up.  I closed Imatch and reopened it and it still says updating. I ran database diagnostics and everything shows green but the word Updating is still there.  Should I run a dump?

Mike

[attachment deleted by admin]

kiwilink

I forgot to add that if I switch off of the highlighted directory it shows me the Keywords.  It is just when I click on "UK (441)" the directory that it changes to "Updating"

Mario

The selected file (did you try to click on other file in this folder?) is apparently in the update queue for reading or writing metadata.
What does the Info & Activity Panel show? Are there entries in the queue?

Can you attach a log file from a session where you saw this effect? Enable the debug logging under Help > Support > Debug Logging.
Maybe the file is blocked by another application and IMatch cannot read/write it, which is why it stays blocked...
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

kiwilink

The last thing I did was highlight 40 of the 441 images in that folder and choose the word "Harrods" from my "Recent Keywords".  When I go to any other image in the directory everything is O.K. but when I click on any of the 40 images that I last chose the keyword "Harrods" it says Updating.  I will enable Support Debug now

kiwilink

Here is the file

claudermilk

Have you tried switching views and/or switching selected files? I have seen the stuck "Updating" message in earlier builds and that seemed to clear it; however, the last couple of builds seemed to clear this up on my machine.

kiwilink

Thanks for the suggestion.  I just tried switching to Categories and then I went to the 40 images and it still says Updating.

Mario

Nothing unusual in the log file. IMatch is neither reading nor writing metadata.

Have a look at the Info & Activity Panel. Does the processing queue show any entries?
When you switch to one of the file window layouts which shows icons, we can see if IMatch has marked the files as being in the queue (blue circle icon).

When you select one of the files in question and choose Rescan from the context menu while holding down the <Ctrl> key you can reload the metadata for the file. Does this clear the "Update"?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

kiwilink

The rescan did not do anything.  I have attached a screenshot of what I see.

kiwilink

Mario:

I held down the Cntrl Key and selected the files and did a "Force Rescan".  That fixed it.  Not sure what this did but it worked!!!!

Thanks Mario!!!!!!

Mike

Mario

Mhm...
Keep your log file set to Debug logging (Help > Support ...) and if this happens again, immediately do a Help > Support > Copy Application Logfile so we have the info about what happened. This looks like IMatch processed the files but did not reset the pending flag so the panel considered the files as being still in the update queue.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

kiwilink

kiwilink

Mario
I have been associating keywords with about 700 images all day today and I still don't see anything under the Top 50 (Cloud view).  Is there any chance I need to hit a series of keys?  I have "Show Cloud view" turned on.  I'm looking for a view like the one attached.

Mike

Mario

The Recent and Suggestion tabs contain keywords?
It's only the Top-50 that is empty?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

Mario

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

BenAW

Quote from: kiwilink on July 05, 2013, 03:31:15 AM
I have been associating keywords with about 700 images all day today and I still don't see anything under the Top 50 (Cloud view).
Did you notice the warning in the Betatester Guide about the Beta not being fit for production work?
A days work just for testing the Keyword feature seems a bit long imo  ::)

kiwilink

Mario:

I'm not using it for Production .... I just thought I would enter lots of keywords and try and figure out why it wouldn't show me the cloud view.  Glad you found it.  My plan is to save all of these Keywords and then import them to the full product release.  It has been fun using the Keywords for combination searches and is a really neat feature!!!!

Mike

kiwilink

Mario:

Do you have a timeframe for when you will release 5.0.102?

Just curious so I don't miss it!

Thanks!

Michael

Mario

QuoteDo you have a timeframe for when you will release 5.0.102?

As soon as possible  ::)
My aim is to ship a new beta build every two weeks or so. Of course currently I'm a bit flooded so build 5.0.102 may take a couple of days longer.

QuoteJust curious so I don't miss it!

Can't. IMatch checks for an update once a week. You can check for updates via Help > Check for Updates.

I will announce new builds in the Announcements board so when you set your account to receive emails when new posts are made to this board, you are informed immediately.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

kiwilink