Finding finding read-only files

Started by seth, January 28, 2014, 01:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seth

I keep running into occasional issues where one or two files are not updated.

The message about offline or read-only tells me it has to be a read-only thing.  Nothing in my database is off line.

I have not been able to filter for read-only files.  Is there an option I am missing?  Or, a work around?  Plowing through icons in a folder of several hundred files would take way too long.

TIA
Asrock Z77 Intel i5 16GB RAM
120GB SSD boot drive 4 Storage/Program drives
Netgear 2TB NAS Raid 1  Zyxel NAS 3TB Raid 1
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST video using Displayport

BenAW

Perhaps the File Properties Filter?
Has an option "Hide read-only files".
Inverting the filter should give the desired result.

sinus

Quote from: seth on January 28, 2014, 01:25:32 PM
I keep running into occasional issues where one or two files are not updated.

The message about offline or read-only tells me it has to be a read-only thing.  Nothing in my database is off line.

I have not been able to filter for read-only files.  Is there an option I am missing?  Or, a work around?  Plowing through icons in a folder of several hundred files would take way too long.

TIA

This could be also a feature request, that Mario add the "read-only" status in the collections. Would it make easy to find such files.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

The File Properties Filter has an option to hide read-only files. This is exactly what you need. Just invert it to see only read-only files.
If IMatch cannot write to a file because it is off-line or read-only, you should be able to see the file in the current scope. Read-only files have a special icon.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

seth

Thanks all. 

The filter worked--but not until I clicked Show files with pending metadata also. 

In any case, I got rid of that problem that has been nagging for days.
Asrock Z77 Intel i5 16GB RAM
120GB SSD boot drive 4 Storage/Program drives
Netgear 2TB NAS Raid 1  Zyxel NAS 3TB Raid 1
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST video using Displayport

Mario

QuoteThe filter worked--but not until I clicked Show files with pending metadata also. 
What does this mean, exactly?

Do you mean that the read-only files where not hidden by the filter? (or shown, when the filter is inverted)?
This filter so far had no bug reports. Where did you apply the filter, what was the scope (what did you show in the file window)?

If you think that the read-only filter does not work correctly, please open a bug report.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook