Pack and Go and \AppData\Roaming\photools.com\IMatch5\annotations

Started by kiwilink, January 24, 2014, 05:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiwilink

Hi Mario:

Back in July I started a thread on backups (Reference : Good Idea to Move All Imatch folders to One Directory for Backup ease, on July 11, 2013, 07:24:16 am). 

Now that Pack and Go (neat feature) is available I was going to go back and cancel my Acronis TI backup for the different directories related to IMATCH and just set one up for the Pack and Go output.

In doing this I noticed that in this directory : 
\AppData\Roaming\photools.com\IMatch5\annotations

there is nothing in it.  In fact, there was nothing in the entire \AppData\Roaming\photools.com\IMatch5 directory except 3 shortcuts to Photoshop, Adobe Reader, and Photo Gallery.

Should there have been something in here?  Was a backing up "nothing"

Just curious if you recommend I really go ahead and delete my old TI process of backing up this:

Installation Folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\photools.com\
Database and the settings database:  J:\My Imatch\
IMatch Program data: %PROGRAMDATA%\photools.com\IMatch5\
IMatch User Data: %APPDATA%\photools.com\IMatch5\

and just ONLY backup the .impag every 'X" number of days?

Thanks!

Mike

Mario

The \AppData\Roaming\photools.com\IMatch5\ and sub-folders is used by IMatch to store certain per-user data items, e.g. custom annotations added to the gallery. Other data may be added in the future. Include it in your backups. Basically, \AppData\Roaming\... is used by all installed applications and Windows to store per-user data. It should be included in your daily backups.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

kiwilink

Mario:

O.K.  Thanks!

What about      C:\ProgramData\photools.com\IMatch5

Thanks !

Mike

Mario

That's the installation folder for IMatch. It contains the files created by the IMatch installer.
c:\program files (x86) and c:\program files contain all the installed applications on your system. Naturally you want to include these in your daily backup routine.

This folder is not backed up by Pack & Go because it can be re-created by re-installing IMatch.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook