Find (Ctrl+F)

Started by Darius1968, July 01, 2013, 01:45:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darius1968

I'm using the Ctrl+F to find folders like was possible in IMatch 3.6, and it is in this version.  The problem I run into is if the folder doesn't exist or if I click on the top of the hierarchy "Database", then some kind of processing starts that freezes the computer for about 20 sec. or so.  How can I turn this behavior off?  Also, can I search for two, three, or more names of folders at the same time.  Finally, if I search (see attachment) for "MP3" for example, I find the program restricts the tree to only branches that pertain to "MP3", which is good, but how can I just display the specific folders having the "MP3" string in them to keep out clutter. 

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mario

How many folders do you have in that database.
When I type a folder name which does not exist, IMatch takes maybe 1 second and then beeps to tell me. My sample database has about 250 folders.

What do you mean "When I click on the top of the hierarchy"?
Selecting the database node will switch the file window to show all files in the database. Usually the file window will pause if you have thousands of files, and to actually load and display the files, you will need to press the Pause button. The default threshold is 1000 files.
What happens on your machine when you do that?

You can search only for one search term at a time.

QuoteI find the program restricts the tree to only branches that pertain to "MP3", which is good, but how can I just display the specific folders having the "MP3" string in them to keep out clutter. 

Not sure that I follow. This is exactly how it should work. The filter allows you to restrict the tree to folders starting with, ending with or containing the pattern. For example, when you type MP3 you see only folders containing the text MP3. For more complex search patterns or multiple patterns you can even use the standard IMatch regular expression syntax.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook