More languages in thesaurus

Started by ovrevid, June 30, 2013, 05:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ovrevid

Is it possible to have more languages in the thesaurus? I would really like to see norwegian present.

br
Vidar
-- Vidar

Richard

What is listed in the thesaurus is what each user puts in the thesaurus. Either directly or via their camera, etc. IMatch does NOT translate the contents into other languages. What you can do is add synonyms.

ovrevid

I'll try to describe the request better:

What I meant was the available languages listed in the drop-down menu in the thesaurus used to assign synonyms to different languages. Surely they don't come from existing metadata? Is it possible to add more languages to that list?

See also the attached picturelink.
Thesaurus.jpg

br
Vidar
-- Vidar

Richard

Oh! Now I understand.

For any language to be added anywhere in IMatch 5, someone has to translate words into that language. If Norwegian is not listed, I would guess that nobody volunteered to make the translation.

ovrevid

I'm actually one of the translators for the Norwegian version IMatch and I don't think the missing languages has anything to do with the actual translation, at least I haven't found anything related to this in the resource files (still a lot of work to be done, though). Maybe Mario simply forgot to add it when the closed beta was released. Let's hope he can bring some light on this issue.

Vidar
-- Vidar

Mario

The thesaurus currently uses the same language list that is used by the database itself. This list is based on the languages supported by ExifTool (translations for tag names are available etc.)

This is not really required, IMatch can also support other languages, at least in the thesaurus and for input. I will think about how to best implement this.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Mario

I've changed the language lists used for the metadata language and thesaurus language selection. Now you can choose from over 400 languages  :)
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook