Possible to change editor?

Started by Buster, January 01, 2014, 06:51:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buster

Perhaps I'm blind. Is it possible to change the file-editor manually? When I installed IM5, I used Pshop CS6, now I'm trying CC and would like to open files using ctrl F6 with CC instead of CS6.
---
Best wishes,
Reiner

Mario

When you use the "Open" command, IMatch instructs Windows to open the file with the associated application, whatever that is.
Did you set CC as the default application to open files of that type?
You can do that in Windows Explorer and also from within IMatch using the context menu of the file.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Buster

So I did. Using the explorer, a jpg is opened with CC - using the contextmenu in IM5, ctrl F6 says "open with Photoshop CS6".
---
Best wishes,
Reiner

Buster

Sorry, not ctrl F6 but ctrl enter. First line context menu.

[attachment deleted by admin]
---
Best wishes,
Reiner

Mario

Go to Weitere Funktion > Öffnen mit....
In the dialog, choose the default application Windows should use for the file type. Make sure you set the check box to remember this setting.
When IMatch then asks Windows to open the file, Windows will use the new application. To change the name shown in the menu in IMatch you may have to restart IMatch. IMatch asks Windows only once which application is associated with a specific file extension while it runs.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Buster

It's magic and due to my system: CR2, Tiff, PSD are connected to CC (as well in Windows as in IM5) - the connection of jpg to CC is not possible in Windows. CS6 is the suggestion, and when I want to change it (even with the full path to CC 64 bit\photoshop.exe, this horrible Windows interprets this photoshop.exe as Photoshop CS6, although it's 100% Photoshop CC. :(
---
Best wishes,
Reiner

Winfried

It can even be worse.
If I try to open a jpg, my editor "picture window pro" is shown,
but the file is opened with paint  :o
Double clicking on the file in windows explorer opens the file with picture window pro.
I guess it is one of these 32/64bit problems in windows.
I tried a lot (including having a deeper look into the registry), but no success.
So I gave up and use the Application Panel, which works fine.

Winfried

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mario

IMatch asks Windows for the name of the application assigned as the default application for a given file extension. In your case this is PictureWindow Pro/64. When you use the Open command, IMatch asks Windows to "open" the given file. This should open the file with the associated application. IMatch has no control over this. So far it always worked for me, and I use 64 bit applications for RAW processing and image editing.

Try to re-set the file associations in Windows Explorer directly:

Select a file and right-click. Choose open with... and in the sub-menu choose "Set default program".
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

Buster

So I did, but windoof says that pshop cc is pshop cs6, although the chosen file is the photoshop.exe of cc 64 bit. :-(
Nothing wrong with IM5 - it's windoof. 
---
Best wishes,
Reiner