[solved] GPS not working ? [only WinXP - not supported ...]

Started by hannes_hab, December 31, 2013, 05:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hannes_hab

o I have pictures with GPS Data - indicated with the globe - if I click at the globe - the Map App opens and Frankfurt is shown - this is wrong - but no flag is (with the right location) is shown - if I thy to choose London or Paris (presets) nothing happens - if O click it the map nothing happens (same with files without GPS Data)

o if I try to search all files with  this (GPS) value in the location tab Imatch does not find anything

best regards
hannes

[attachment deleted by admin]

cytochrome

Does the metadata show in the metadata panel somehow like on this screen capture?

If yes you might want to revise the geo settings in Edit/Preferences/Geo &Maps..

Francis

hannes_hab

It is shown in my screenshot - the GPS Data is there - seems to be in the same format as in your example - only the height value is not filled.

But I have no flags or pins in the map at all - if I click in the map noting happens. I can move the map but no pin or flag appears.

What should be the right values in the Preferences Geo&Maps?

br
hannes

Gerd

Hi,
I havealso the same problem in v130: if I click on the globe of a pic from e.g. Amsterdam, the map opens and shows Frankfurt ... in earlier versions was it working well.
_______
Regards
Gerd

Ranger1700

I have the same problem, with all the versions. Locations which show fine in GeoSetter and View NX2 just don't show in IM5. When I click on one of the options (can't remember which one at the moment) it forces a map view off the south west of Africa (I assume 0N, 0E).

I seem to remember in earlier, pre beta days, comments from Mario that some apps will only work with IE9 installed (I am using IE8), so assumed this is the reason that I can't use the GPS panel.

Tom

cytochrome

I will look at this again when the 2014 curse is lifted...

Bonne année

Francis

Mario

Works here.
What happens when you move from file to file while the Map panel is open? The map should show the markers.
What happens if you switch from OpenStreetMap to Google or Bing?
Any warnings or errors in the log file? Make sure you use the log in Debug mode (Help > Support).
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Ranger1700

For me, Mario it makes no differance moving from file to file (or selecting several files. Also no differance from OpenStreetMap or Google. (not used Bing). Also when the map is panned to where I know the location to be, no  markers are shown.

There is no warning or indications just nothing. Wnen I click on zoom to "zoom to all files" the zoom level goes to maximum zoom and seems to centre on zeno North, zero East.

Tom

hannes_hab

no chance to try - Imatch does not start any more ...
Any hint for this problem? (iMatch5 Lockout 2014) Is a new version available?

Mario

Quoteno chance to try - Imatch does not start any more ...

This has been discussed in four threads today.
See https://www.photools.com/community/index.php?topic=1506.0 for a solution.

I have no idea why the GPS panel should fail for you. Please send me a sample file which exhibits this behavior.
Can you set GPS coordinates from the Map panel?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

cytochrome

Hannes,

What do you see in the maps popup?

Francis

hannes_hab

hello Mario,
thank you or the link - I have installed the new version.

I use Imatch 5 on Windows XP - I did not have Internet Explorer installled (or in use, I worked with Opera and Firefox). Then I have seen that you need Internet explorer.
I installed IE 8 but Tom said (... some apps will only work with IE9 installed ...) is this true?

moving from file to file  - no difference
google maps - no difference

I have problems with this new version - (keine Rückmeldung) - seems not to work stable ?
log-file attached - closed Imatch

will test it later
br
hannes

Mario

QuoteI have problems with this new version - (keine Rückmeldung) - seems not to work stable ?

1. Please report your bug again in the bug report forum, and attach your logs there.
I don't keep track of bug reports added in the General board or in the middle of another thread.
Thanks.

2. IMatch uses the Internet Explorer control which is part of Windows. It is always installed and does not require IE to be installed.
XP it not a supported platform for IMatch 5. I don't test IMatch on Windows XP.

Frankfurt is the default location the map panel opens when it does not get GPS coordinates from IMatch.
Can you send me one of your image files. I can then check if it contains the GPS coordinates in the proper location.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

hannes_hab

hello mario,
... XP it not a supported platform for IMatch 5 ...
ok - thank you for your answer - I missed that - I will try it on an other PC with Win 7 (down now - have to repair it)
br
hannes

Mario

XP is phased out by Microsoft, and many of the tool and library vendors no longer support it.
I don't add any more work-arounds or "fallback code" to IMatch 5 to keep it running on a Windows version which is 10 years old, sorry.
Looking at the log files I can tell than less than 1% of the users who download IMatch 5 beta use Windows XP.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

hannes_hab

thank you for your answer - no problem - I tested it on win7 in the meantime - its working there!
hannes

Ferdinand

Quote from: Mario on January 01, 2014, 06:53:56 PM
XP is not a supported platform for IMatch 5. I don't test IMatch on Windows XP.

I guess this makes sense, since the XP EoL is rapidly approaching, but I don't recall previously seeing a statement that XP is no longer a supported platform.  Did I miss something?