Slow Startup Time

Started by ms9601, March 29, 2024, 11:59:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ms9601

Hi Mario,

Was hoping you could take a look at my IMatch log file to help me determine why IMatch is taking over a minute and a half to start up on my machine.  I have less than 60,000 files in my database, so pretty small.

Log file attached.  Startup took almost 90 seconds.  Drives C:\ and D:\ are M.2 SSDs.  Drive I:\ is a Samsung T7 Shield, connected via a USB 3.2 interface.  

I have set an exception in Microsoft Defender to exclude the catalog directory, the cache folder, and the IMatch executable folder. 

Looking at the log file, the last 5 entries take over a minute, but am entirely sure how to read it.  It appears my database took 90031ms to load?  I do run a database diagnosis almost every time I use IMatch, and compact and optimize as well (but not as much as running a diagnosis).  If it's my database that is slow, what else can I do?

Thank you in advance for your help.

rienvanham

"My" iMatch is ready after about 13 seconds. I have around 40.000 files in my DB.

Mario

There an ~ 80 second pause after the line

Caches started in ...

without anything being logged. Please switch IMatch to debug logging via Help menu > Support and close and start it again.
This produces a more detailed log file.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook