Clean button on the confirmed faces

Started by vemundha, February 08, 2024, 11:57:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vemundha

hey,

I have a large db. With 250k images. And are struggling with the face detection. And see that the confirmed faces on some persons are wrong. And I use a lot of time to clean this manually. So a request is. To inside the confirmed faces add a clean button that use AI to filter out the faces that are different form the majority of the confirmed. I have 1 person with maybe 500 confirmed faces and inside this it's maybe 30 faces that are others. That I now manually need to find. This should be a easy task for the AI engine.

Mario

IF IMatch does not figure our the correct person, there can be no feature that "cleans" this up using then AI.
The AI just does not know better! Else it would have assigned the correct person already.
Try the <G> shortcut in the Viewer or the Replace Person command to quickly clean up wrong assignments.

Maybe change the confirmation settings under Edit > Preferences > Application: Automatically confirm faces to very confident or Never?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Tveloso

Quote from: vemundha on February 08, 2024, 11:57:10 AMI have 1 person with maybe 500 confirmed faces and inside this it's maybe 30 faces that are others. That I now manually need to find.
I also occasionally think I should do "a quality check" on the Confirmed Faces for a given person.  Just occasionally, I find that I have an incorrect assignment for one of my grandkids (who are still quite young and resemble each other).  When it happens, it's usually because I was a bit careless when confirming faces in Face Manager.  The Scenario is this:

In face manager, I have a large number (several rows) of Unconfirmed Faces for a given person, and I quickly scan them, then Click the first, Shift-Click the last, press "C" to confirm them all, and Save.  But within that range of face thumbnails was one that actually belonged to a different person, and I didn't notice, so I confirmed that face as the incorrect person.

The opposite is also true:  Within the Range of faces is one that I believe was incorrectly assigned by the AI.  I select that face, and if I'm being careful, I'll press Enter to open the integrated Viewer to verify my suspicion that is a different person.  Often, I am actually mistaken, and IMatch had it right (i.e. all that was needed was to confirm that face).  If instead of viewing the full photo, I was sure enough that it was a different person, I could press F2 on the Face Thumbnail and assign that other person to the face.  If I did that when IMatch had it right (and I was the one that was wrong), then here again, I have confirmed the face as the wrong person.  I have caught myself making that very mistake.

Anyway, after having found such an error, I think that if I sort the confirmed faces in Face Manager by Similarity and not Date, any incorrect assignments for that person should be outliers (appearing either at the beginning or the end of the faces).  But it seems as though the similarity sort might not be working exactly right.  There are indeed many contiguous thumbnails that appear very similar, but sometimes they are "broken up" by others that don't belong in that group. 

For example, a large swatch of green thumbnails in this ScreenShot is broken up by warmer colored thumbnails.  And two thumbnails that are very nearly duplicates of each other (the photos were taken just seconds apart) appear far apart from each other in the grid:

You cannot view this attachment.

Also, the Sort by file date & time toggle appears to be backwards?  When it's in this position, I would expect the DateTime Sort:

...and in this position, the Similarity Sort:

...but it seems to be the opposite.
--Tony

Mario

@Tvelso
Please do not mix bug reports with feature requests. I might not look at feature requests for weeks, or never, when a FR does not gather likes or a discussion.

If you have found something that might be a bug, please open a bug report.
I can always move it to general discussion if it is not a bug.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Tveloso

Sorry Mario.

I will open a Bug Report for this.
--Tony

vemundha

[font=Söhne, ui-sans-serif, system-ui, -apple-system, Segoe UI, Roboto, Ubuntu, Cantarell, Noto Sans, sans-serif, Helvetica Neue, Arial, Apple Color Emoji, Segoe UI Emoji, Segoe UI Symbol, Noto Color Emoji]Thank you 🙏 for reviewing my feature request. I still believe this is a solvable issue and something AI can tackle effectively. So, to explain once more:[/font]
[font=Söhne, ui-sans-serif, system-ui, -apple-system, Segoe UI, Roboto, Ubuntu, Cantarell, Noto Sans, sans-serif, Helvetica Neue, Arial, Apple Color Emoji, Segoe UI Emoji, Segoe UI Symbol, Noto Color Emoji]On Person1, I have approximately 1000 confirmed images. Among these, there are about 10 incorrect ones. How they ended up there, I'm not sure. But, these 10 faces are easy to distinguish from the other 990. I believe it should be a straightforward task for a developer to create a function that detects these 10 images and removes them from the confirmed ones. Yes, I understand that I can manually click on image1, image2, etc., and press F2 to edit and change to the correct person2. BUT, this is a time-consuming task that I think should be fixed in software, not manually by human beings. 🕒💻[/font]
[font=Söhne, ui-sans-serif, system-ui, -apple-system, Segoe UI, Roboto, Ubuntu, Cantarell, Noto Sans, sans-serif, Helvetica Neue, Arial, Apple Color Emoji, Segoe UI Emoji, Segoe UI Symbol, Noto Color Emoji]So, PLEASE! 🙏 Consider this feature request again. I think it will be a MAJOR addition to an already FANTASTIC application. 🌟[/font]

[font=Söhne, ui-sans-serif, system-ui, -apple-system, Segoe UI, Roboto, Ubuntu, Cantarell, Noto Sans, sans-serif, Helvetica Neue, Arial, Apple Color Emoji, Segoe UI Emoji, Segoe UI Symbol, Noto Color Emoji]/Vemund[/font]

Mario

If you want somebody to read your posts, please don't post garbage. Use the Preview button to see what your post looks like before your post.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

vemundha

I think it's bug here. I keep getting new wrong images back. When I try to clean this manually.
I edit with F2. And use the Delete button and save to remove wrong confirmed faces. But keep getting wrong face images back in the confirmed category :(

vemundha

Quote from: Mario on February 15, 2024, 09:15:05 AMIf you want somebody to read your posts, please don't post garbage. Use the Preview button to see what your post looks like before your post.
sorry! it was fine when I edited! Again sorry for that.

Mario

As I said in my initial reply: Maybe change the confirmation settings under Edit > Preferences > Application: Automatically confirm faces to very confident or Never? Did you do that?
If you work with young children, there is a very high probability that faces may be assigned to the wrong child person, because young children look very much alike, especially siblings.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

Mario

Quote from: vemundha on February 15, 2024, 09:24:10 AM
Quote from: Mario on February 15, 2024, 09:15:05 AMIf you want somebody to read your posts, please don't post garbage. Use the Preview button to see what your post looks like before your post.
sorry! it was fine when I edited! Again sorry for that.
Just don't copy & paste text from whatever editor or device you use. Especially not text formatted on Apple devices.
Plain text will be fine, but no formatting.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator