When using multiple monitors, opening a picture defaults to my Laptop monitor

Started by jmgladden, January 21, 2024, 12:01:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmgladden

When opening a picture, can i change the monitor that it opens on?  it currently defaults to opening on my Laptop monitor which is smaller than my other monitors.  

Mario

"Opening a picture" means what, exactly?

Do you mean opening the Viewer in IMatch?
The Viewer remembers the last monitor it was used on and by default opens on the same monitor IMatch is displayed on.
Switch the Viewer to windowed mode using <F12>,<W> (or the View Mode from the context menu). Move it to the other monitor. Make it full-screen again via <F12>,<F>. It will remember this monitor and open on it the next time.

If you sometimes work with two monitors and sometimes with one, save the IMatch workspace layout (including the Viewer position) in a workspace: Loading and Saving Workspaces
Then you can recall settings based on the number of monitors to work with.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

jmgladden

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Do you mean opening the Viewer in IMatch?  Yes - it was opening full screen on the laptop monitor.

Regarding use of F12 - i did not pick up on using <F12> AND <W>.  Using F12 without anything else, the window went away.  after rereading your reply more slowly - i figured out that i needed the  <F12> AND <W>.  After that, it worked as you explained. it has been a year or so since i last used iMatch and i am having to relearn.  

Mario

Tip: you can also reach this command via the right-click context menu in the Viewer > View Mode.

See see Keyboard Cheat Sheet for information how to use keyboard shortcuts in IMatch.
And for a very handy list of all frequently used keyboard shortcuts.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook