Search Button Causes IM Crash

Started by StanRohrer, January 12, 2024, 08:03:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StanRohrer

Updated to v2023.6.4. Now cannot do a full database search. (There goes my work plans for the day). 

Even the basic act of clicking the toggle button for local file window (scope) search vs whole database search will cause the crash.

IMatch has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Imatch will now write a memory dump file with information about this error.

Log file attached. I don't see that a dump file was created (unless I'm looking in the wrong place). I did not get a support helper screen as I note in the Help System page.
https://www.photools.com/help/imatch/im_dumpfile.htm

In the log file I clicked on the icon at clock time 13:53 and 13:55. At 13:55 I acknowledged the error and IMatch closed on it's own.

StanRohrer

Crash is repeatable - every time I try a search or toggle the button.

thrinn

I can reproduce the crash - but only when Experimental Features are off.
It happens when switching from Database wide search to File Window search.

@StanRohrer: Could you please try to set Experimental Features to on? (Preferences > Application > Experimental Features). In my case, this prevents the crash.
Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

StanRohrer

Thrinn, confirmed. Searches work with Experimental Features turned ON. Thanks!

Now I can get on about my work today. Even if I'm not fond of the experimental ribbon and the file thumbnails that go black out when I'm typing (a partial file name) in the search box.

Mario

I have fixed the crash when disabling global search mode when the normal toolbars are used. Sorry.

A consequence of me trying to to everything separate so users can try out the new ribbons over a couple of months to provide feedback, while other users can ignore the changes.

QuoteEven if I'm not fond of the experimental ribbon

I have read all comments made by users about the new ribbons and made changes along the way.
I consider them nearly ready for production and they will replace the old toolbars in one of the next IMatch releases.

If you have comments, suggestions, you want changes etc. please do so now in a post using the the [EXP] Ribbon Changes subject. I will read it and comment on it.

and the file thumbnails that go black out when I'm typing (a partial file name) in the search box. 

Quoteand the file thumbnails that go black out when I'm typing (a partial file name) in the search box.
Can you explain that? I don't see this effect.
I type in part of a file name in the File Window search by (experimental features are enabled) and then press <Enter>.
The File Window shows the files with matching file names. Nothing blacks out or similar.

When I use the global search mode, the File Window dims to indicate that the search is running and un-dims when the result window opens. But that's the same for whether or not experimental features are enabled.

Can you make a screen shot using <Windows>+<Print> when this happens? Windows saves the screen shot in your Images\Screen Shots folder.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

StanRohrer

Quote from: Mario on January 13, 2024, 10:07:19 AMI have fixed the crash when disabling global search mode when the normal toolbars are used. Sorry.

A consequence of me trying to to everything separate so users can try out the new ribbons over a couple of months to provide feedback, while other users can ignore the changes.
Thanks Mario! I look forward to the fix in your next release.

StanRohrer

Appears to be fixed in 2023.6.6. Experimental set to "yes" or set to "no". Thanks!