IMA Filter question

Started by smeyer02, December 24, 2023, 07:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeyer02

Hello, everyone -

I'm in evaluation mode for both IM and IMA, making sure I understand the features and simultaneously developing a workflow.  In IMA, filtering from the Navigator isn't behaving like I would expect.

For the database, I've used versioning to associate CR3 and JPEG files as well as auto-stack based on time (default 5 second interval).

I want to use pins for a 3 level assessment of each image's composition, and assign them using IMA.

In the first attached screenshot, you can see the Navigator has three parameters set:  the target folder, Pins = 'none', and Relations > Master. I've set these filters because I want to focus on images that I have reviewed yet in a specific folder.

Please note that the "Show Stack" option is selected at the top of the screen.  I have to do this (along with using the Relations option in the Navigator) because I want to evaluate all the images in a stack, but not each version - i.e., just the CR3s and not the JPEGs).

An example is the out of focus image of the helicopter (2W7A4759.CR3).  In the second attached screenshot, the image has been opened in the Viewer, and you can see the Red pin has been selected - seemingly the 'Pins = none' option is being ignored.

If I deselect the Relations > Master option in Navigator, it works as expected - the blurry image (both CR3 and JPG) aren't visible in the File window - only files with no pins set are displayed.  But now I see both the CR3 and JPG versions for each image - not ideal.

There are obviously some habit/workflow changes I can make (e.g., stop RAW+JPG shooting, don't autostack until I review the images) but I would like to know if I'm using the Navigator incorrectly.

Thank you!
Steve

smeyer02

One correction:  the last sentence of the fourth paragraph should read:  "...focus on images that I haven't reviewed yet..."

Mario

QuoteFor the database, I've used versioning to associate CR3 and JPEG files as well as auto-stack based on time (default 5 second interval).
Master and version files automatically form a stack (version stack). It is usually not needed or even counter-productive to also include them into a regular stack.

You tell IMA to show unpinned master files. And it apparently does. I see only .CR3 files in the screen shot, no JPEG files. None of the files has a pin. You combine the Navigator panels via the Boolean AND operator (see toolbar). This means "Files without a Pin" which are "Canon CR3".
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

smeyer02

Hello, Mario -

Thanks for the response on Christmas morning.  Happy holidays!

The second screen shot shows that the blurry helicopter shot that appears in the File window does have a pin set - is my usage of stacking causing that part of the filter to be ignored?

Steve

Mario

Probably. Try to remove the stack and see if this changes things.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook