Display of Structured Tags

Started by hluxem, December 10, 2023, 04:36:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hluxem

I started using the standard metadata layout 6 IPTC Location as recommended. The list view shows all tags only when the panel is very wide and I find it hard to read the separate tags. So, I always click on the list to expand the tags vertically. I assume that's the edit mode as well. Every time I switch the selection, I have to do expand the tags again.
Could the state of the panel be remembered? In case there is more than one record, display the first record.

Thanks,
Heiner

hluxem

I just realized that the tags stay expanded when there is already a record. If all tags are empty for the structured tag, the structured tag collapses again.
That means the feature request is to keep showing the expanded tag list even if all tags are empty for the new selection.

Heiner

Mario

QuoteI just realized that the tags stay expanded when there is already a record.
Yes.

QuoteThat means the feature request is to keep showing the expanded tag list even if all tags are empty for the new selection.
When there is no data, it makes no sense to expand the structured tag. It will expand as soon as you start adding data.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

hluxem

QuoteWhen there is no data, it makes no sense to expand the structured tag.
I disagree with that. :) When you are in the process of adding data, it is an extra mouse click to expand the structured tag. Sure, you can say it's just a mouse click away, but when you work with a hundred files it certainly is not the most efficient way. There is no disadvantage in displaying the empty tags either. If you want to see them collapsed, the close button will just do it.
No biggie, I'm just creating a layout with the tags only.

Mario

The structured tag can only expand when there is a "record" for which to show values.
Before, there is nothing to show and not data to link to. The tag does not exist or has no values.

You create a new (or the first) "record" by double-clicking into the list or by clicking the "Add" button. Once that is done, there is data to show, even when the tags currently have no values. The record exists as soon you create it.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook