Recalculate Keyword totals

Started by rolandgifford, September 09, 2023, 02:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rolandgifford

A number of my Keyword totals (and contents) as seen in the categories panel have become corrupt. I don't know how many are wrong or how long they have been wrong so therefore have no clue whatsoever what corrupted them.

Last night I came across one which said I had 14 photos with that category and selecting it did show me 14 photos but none of them had that category.

This morning I have found one with the reverse where the Keyword in the Categories panel shows zero, and shows zero files, but selecting an image which I know has that Keyword does in fact show it.

How do I fix the Keywords totals/contents in the categories panel?

Mario

The @Keywords category is a data-driven category and it is built from the hierarchical keywords in your database.
It is always "refrehsed" when needed (e.g., when the database is opened), like any other data-driven category. You can refresh it with the same Shift+F5 keyboard shortcut like any other data-driven category.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

rolandgifford

Quote from: Mario on September 09, 2023, 04:19:17 PMYou can refresh it with the same Shift+F5 keyboard shortcut like any other data-driven category.

That has no effect. What else can I try?

It isn't the count which is incorrect, the images shown for that keyword are incorrect. The count correctly says that I'm being shown 5 images. The 5 images are the wrong ones

Mario

All I can do from here is to ask you to check the hierarchical keywords in the Keywords Panel for these files.
This is what @Keywords uses to organize the files into categories.
Maybe add or remove a keyword and see if this changes anything.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

rolandgifford

The Keywords panel is correct

I have done some experiments. Looking at Keyword "Amphibian/Reptile|Chameleon|Jackson's Chameleon"

In the categories panel this shows as a count of zero
If I select that keyword I'm shown no images
If I add that keyword to another image nothing changes
If I select @Keywords in the Categories panel then search for Jackson's Chameleon I'm shown the 104 images with that Keyword

I don't currently know of a Keyword showing the wrong images. I "fixed" the one I found yesterday by deleting it.