People with no AI Match

Started by bobneedshelp, August 24, 2023, 03:01:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobneedshelp

I would like a way to make a person with a picture but not have them be used for future face recognition.  Let's say I have 100 people and 30 of them I would like to use for face recognition as they occur frequently.  The other 70 people I just want to add as a person but I know it is a single use (or very low use) for that person.  Say I found an old picture for historical reasons and I could create a person for each of these 70 people.  I have a group of people in an old photo and I would like to correctly identify each one, and make them a person with a face, but not really use them again for facial recognition with AI.  There is a lot of overhead for the single use people and ultimately falsely suggests people based on these low use people (they don't get trained well in AI).  It would be similar to a link but they have a picture in the People view.  It would be nice if you could just go into the person and check a box to not use them for AI matching.

cg

I run into this problem all the time. 

The solution I've found is to turn off all trained faces for people I don't expect to ever have to identify again, and they no longer show up as suggestions.

Damit

Quote from: cg on September 24, 2023, 06:59:21 PMI run into this problem all the time.
The solution I've found is to turn off all trained faces for people I don't expect to ever have to identify again, and they no longer show up as suggestions.
That is a great suggestion, but a feature for this, perhaps close to use of the "date of death," would definately be helpful. Maybe right under that there could be an option to click that states something like: "Do not search for this face in future photos."