Hierachical Keywords Being Replaced

Started by hsegars, August 02, 2023, 11:02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hsegars

I searched the solved issues to see if this was there. I couldn't find anything so here is my issue. I have keyword templates for different situations. All the templates have a checkbox to merge with existing. I click on the template and it adds the keywords. When I click on another template, it deletes the keywords that are there and adds the ones from the new template. I tried to apply the keywords to the image and then add the new ones and it did the same thing. I tried adding keywords from directly without the template and it still replaced the existing keywords. I am using 2023.1.20.

Mario

I understand you have two Metadata Templates which set hierarchical keywords. Both templates have the "Merge with existing content" option enabled.

How to you apply these templates? You say "click". Do you have created favorites for the templates? Or do you use the menu or the Command Palette?

I tried to reproduce this, but could not.

I created two templates A1 and A2.
Each template sets 3 keywords (A;B;C) and (alpha;beta;Location|Country|Germany), with the "Merge with existing contents" option enabled.

For a file with no previous keywords, I apply the template A1 via the drop-down menu in the Metadata Panel.
The 3 keywords are added.
Now I apply template A2.
3 additional keywords are added, the file now has 6 keywords.

I repeat this with a file which already has 5 keywords.
I apply A1 and A2, and the file now has 11 keywords.

For an additional test, I create favorites for from the Metadata Templates A1 and A2.
For a file with no previous keywords, I click on favorite A1 and then A2. 6 keywords are added.
For a file with 2 keywords, I click A1 and A2, and the file now has 8 keywords.

What do you do differently?
How are your Metadata Templates set up (screen shot)?
If this is somehow related to what you do and in which order or where, the more info you provide (step-by-step, like I did above) the better.

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Mario

Any news on this?
Else I will archive this bug report as [NR] (non reproducible).
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook