IMA: Refresh folder content

Started by dkyndt, December 07, 2023, 02:02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkyndt

Hi Mario, 

I'm trialing Imatch Anywhere to use into our company. 
It does everything we need, however When I add pictures to existing folder, I see that Imatch Anywhere does not add them, unless I log out and re-login. After login in the pictures appear in the folders.

Is there something I am missing? Is it possible to add a reload folders button or something? 

Thank you already.

Mario

You mean you work in IMatch Anywhere WebViewer?
This tool not designed to deal with dynamic databases where folders and/or images may come and go.
IMatch Anywhere will not play well with "dynamic" databases where folders/files may be added or removed. This is not the typical usage scenario. To maintain your database, add/remove folders and files etc. you should use IMatch.

IMatch Anywhere caches a lot of data per user session. Including access control lists for folders and categories, pre-calculated query results etc. It is not designed to deal with changes in the database, like folders being added. It does not monitor the database and re-calculate session results and ACLs dynamically.

When you log out and log in again in IMatch Anywhere WebViewer, a new session is created and IMatch Anywhere WebServices recreates all session-related data, ACLs and caches from the current database contents. This is why you see your folders afterwards. At least this is my guess. This is a usage scenario that's pretty uncommon.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

dkyndt

Hi Mario

It is correct that I am using the webviewer.
I'm trying to reach that a user can add pictures to their own picture folder and them via the FileLens add some keywords, ratings and labels to it.
The user interface of Imatch Anywhere is clean and simple, and also restrictive.
Giving everybody access to Imatch itself, will give me lots of headache afterwards. ;)

I can also tell everybody to logout and login after they added their pictures to the folders.

Opening Imatch and Imatch Anywhere at the same time with the same database does not work.
So I should stop the Imatch anywhere service in case I want to do some work in Imatch.
Is this correct?

Thank you already

Mario

QuoteOpening Imatch and Imatch Anywhere at the same time with the same database does not work.
Correct. Both applications need exclusive access to the database.

QuoteSo I should stop the Imatch anywhere service in case I want to do some work in Imatch.

Is this correct?
Yes.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook