AutoTagger keeping its state during configuration

Started by banzai, April 29, 2023, 06:33:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

banzai

I'm currently using the Auto-Tagger only in manual mode (still need to complete my thesaurus and configure mappings).

So I'm doing it like this:
- Select some files, Open Auto-Tagger
- I go through each file, first Click "Suggest Keywords" then for each keyword:
  - Deselect if I don't want it
  - Click "add mapping" when I see that a mapping is missing
  - or just keep it as it is, continue with next suggested keyword

Problem is:
Whenever I have to add a new mapping, the AutoTagger window is empty when I come back from configuration.
I have to click "Suggest Keywords" again. Means another two API requests and starting the above process all over again for the current file.
Also a little bit annoying: The "Show mappings" toggle button is always off in the configuration, even when I had it activated when I added the last mapping.

Would be nice if this toggle button would just remember it's state.
But more importantly, it would be nice if the AutoTagger window would keep its state during the configuration (adding the mappings). Ofc, the new mapping should be evaluated for all still selected keywords.

Yeah, I could first add all mappings before I chose the keywords I want/do not want, but I would still have to refetch the suggestions after each mapping I want to add.

Over time this will become less of a problem, but for new users of Auto-Tagger, this could be improved, I think.

Ciao,   banzai

banzai

Found another problem:
When I click "add to ignore list" for a suggested keyword, it is correctly added in the configuration section, but for the next picture, the keyword is still preselected.

I just found something else: when I do the above process for a file that has GPS coordinates, and the API request also retrieves GPS coordinates for the file in question, GPS Latitude and Longitude are gone after applying keywords!  But altitude and timestamp are untouched.

I guess this is more a bug report than a feature request..

Mario

Please file separate bug reports, don' mix them with feature requests - they cannot be tracked here.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

banzai

Ok, did so for the GPS info problem.

The problem with "add to ignore list", I could no longer reproduce today, don't know what happened. So let's forget that.

banzai

I think I found out why my "add to ignore list" problem was no longer reproducible.
Today I tested this with normal keywords. But yesterday, I apparently did this with a landmark name (turned off Landmarks in settings, and indeed the names in question no longer appear).

Thing with landmarks is: they don't get translated to lower-case as configured (I got "Gendarmenmarkt" and "Konzerthaus Berlin"), while all suggested keywords are shown lower-case. I assume there's some problem with case sensivity and string comparisons.

I will create another post in the bug report section.

Mario

IMatch does not transform the keywords delivered by the geocoding services.
Google only delivers keywords in lower-case but may very well deliver landmark names in their original spelling.
Why does this cause a problem?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

banzai

QuoteIMatch does not transform the keywords delivered by the geocoding services.
Really? Then what is this setting for:
2023-05-01 12_24_31-NVIDIA GeForce Overlay DT.png

Anyway, I was theorizing where the problem could come from. Just ignore that if it's of no help.

I described the problem from a user perspective in a new post in the bug section.

Mario

I forgot about this setting. I have not used the AutoTagger for maybe a year, and it is one of the least used features in IMatch. Maybe Google returns landmark data differently. I don't recall at the moment. Haven't worked on the AutoTagger for a while. I shall look into this. Since you are the first user reporting this, it appears to be a lower priority problem.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

Mario

Unfortunately, this post lists and mixes multiple feature requests and bug reports.
This is not helpful since all this cannot really be handled with tickets.
Please file one bug report for each bug, don't mix them.

QuoteWhen I click "add to ignore list" for a suggested keyword, it is correctly added in the configuration section, but for the next picture, the keyword is still preselected.
I have improved this for IMatch 2023. Ignored keywords are now immediately removed from existing lists of suggested keywords.

QuoteBut more importantly, it would be nice if the AutoTagger window would keep its state during the configuration (adding the mappings). Ofc, the new mapping should be evaluated for all still selected keywords.

This behavior is intentional. Changing settings may affect how IMatch retrieves keywords from the service and how these keywords are transformed. This is why changing and saving settings removes the current keyword suggestions.

I guess, together with the issues you have reported in other bug reports, this is about all of it fixed now.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator