Indication of Selected Workspace

Started by afengler, March 30, 2023, 07:36:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

afengler

On my system I do not see any indication of the selected workspace (see attached screenshot).

Workspacea.jpg

The Help shows a yellow/orange border which seems to be missing here . Any suggestions?

Win 10 Pro
IMatch 2021.18.4

Mario

There is no current workspace in that list. The current workspace has no name.
This list shows the workspaces you have created and when you load one of these, it is loaded into the current workspace.
This is how workspaces have evolved after a long discussion here in the community many years ago.

Not sure which screen shot you refer to (link?)
Probably I have forgotten to change it at the time.

The last workspace you have loaded (and which can be very different from the workspace you are currently working with) can be retrieved via the {Application.Workspace.Name} variable, if desired.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

thrinn

Might be this screenshot. It looks a bit as if "4 Maximum files" is somehow highlighted.

There is also a very old post declaring {Application.Workspace.Name}  as deprecated...
Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

Mario

QuoteThere is also a very old post declaring {Application.Workspace.Name}  as deprecated...
Yeah, well. Nothing ever dies ;D
The help comments this variable as the "last actively loaded" workspace. So this is OK.
I shall update the screen shot. By the looks of it it's still on Windows XP :)
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

afengler

Thanks, Mario and thrinn. I read both posts from 2020 and now understand the reasoning behind this behavior. Hopefully Mario will not remove the (deprecated?) variable {Application.Workspace.Name} because it allows the display of the last loaded workspace in the ID field. This was a suggestion by PaulS and it seems very useful while working on the development/improvement of multiple work spaces.