5 Beta and ratings?

Started by ThisIsAnonymous, June 28, 2013, 04:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThisIsAnonymous

I didn't want to log this as a bug report because it could just be something I don't understand...

Anyway, has anyone else had issues with image ratings coming through in the 5 Beta. I have a database of about 70,000 images and I regularly apply a star rating to them in IMatch 4. I always thought that the rating was being saved somehow to the file and was therefore portable (not part of the database). That being said, it seems none of my images in 5 have ratings. Are IMatch 4 image ratings part of the database or should they be showing in 5 beta after I rescan my files?

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Mario

By default and for performance reasons, IMatch 3 writes XMP data to the database only.
(Unless you have disabled the asynchronous mode under Options > Preferences > XMP).

IMatch only writes the XMP data (which includes rating and label) to the file when you use the Process Pending Updates command.
Only then changes made to XMP data by you will be visible for other applications, including IMatch 5.

If you have never done this, expect several hours of runtime for 70,000 files. See the IMatch 3 help for details about this functionality.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

ThisIsAnonymous

Thanks for the super fast reply. That is what I figured. I'll run that command and get things updated on both sides.

Great work on 5! It looks very nice so far.

Thanks.

Mario

I would not do that on 70,000 files. With this amount of files to process at once, it is almost unavoidable that there will be some issues, corrupt files which fail to update, files with internal damaged metadata, whatever. This can cause a lot of work for you. Maybe start with a smaller database first...
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook