Adding Metadata elements to & Hierarchical Keyword designation in the Thesaurus

Started by Damit, November 10, 2022, 09:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damit

A couple of questions:
1.   I was following the instructions in Adding Tags to the Thesaurus https://www.photools.com/help/imatch/thes_basics.htm?dl=h-8

I cannot seem to get the metadata keyword to be added. I filled in my name for the Author.  When I open the Thesaurus Manager and select XMP::dc\rights\Rights\0 from the drop down, I only see an element that reads "Copyright (c) YOUR NAME HERE"

I was under the impression that my name would be under the elements once I added it to the thesaurus. Am I supposed add my name manually as an element?

2.   I am wondering if I import a picture and it has keywords that have already been inputted into the Thesaurus, will those keywords propagate to the hierarchical location designated by the Thesaurus?

For Example, if I import a picture and it has the keyword "fawn" embedded in it and in my Thesaurus I have already inputted fawn under Mystical Creatures|Humanoid|fawn, will that photos tags be converted so that fawn is fawn automatically placed under Mystical Creatures|Humanoid?

My short experiences with the Thesaurus would lead me to believe so, but I am unsure.

Mario

XMP::dc\rights\Rights\0  is not the Author! It's the copyright notice...

Please use the tooltip that IMatch shows when you hover the mouse cursor over the name in the MD panel.
Then you can see what's what and don't have to guess. By pressing <F5> on a filed in the MD panel you open the thesaurus entries for that tag. See Additional Commands and Options

Image1.jpg

2. Please read Keyword Mapping during File Import in the Thesaurus help topic.
The idea behind me writing all the info into the help is that users can find it and we don't have to answer the same questions over and over again.

And I would definitely  recommend that you make some test with images and see how your thesaurus is applied to existing hierarchical keywords and flat keywords in your files. This all depends on what is in your file (I don't know), what settings you have made for keyword import (I don't know) and what your thesaurus looks like (I don't know).

The help section I've linked to above will give you a starting point.
I found it by opening the thesaurus help topic and then searching with Ctrl+F for import. I did not found what I was looking for so I searched for mapping. Took all but 5 seconds.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook