Add new file formats

Started by meyersoft, June 28, 2013, 03:38:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meyersoft

I would like to add *.mus (Finale music notation) file formats to be able to manage my sheetmusic via imatch.
For the moment, no metadata readout would be necessary, just the ability to add these files to the database, categorize, group/stack them with other files.
Could this be possible?

The same applies to other, actually not (yet) supported file formats.
It would be nice to have a replacement for "img_formats.cfg" from imatch 3.

This of course is more than the scope of a DAM, but all these new features of imatch 5 make me look for other, new fields of application... :D

ToreSim

Not sure if this should be a new thread or be posted here, but I would like to add a request for *.flac audio files. I am not sure about the metadata, could be the same as *.mp3 files.

Congrat with a terrific release!

minstrel

Quote from: meyersoft on June 28, 2013, 03:38:55 PM
It would be nice to have a replacement for "img_formats.cfg" from imatch 3

Mario,
You have mentioned that the ability to add "user added file types" is not available at this time. 

As enticing as IM5 is, the not knowing  for sure if and when you plan to add this capability limits my excitement and desire to 'tread into the deep waters" of your latest version.  I've mention before that I've over a  hundred of 'user added' files and in truth IMatch3 manages ALL my system files.

So, could you please be more specific regarding your plans regarding this...or do you really want me to submit my 'user added' list to the forum [feature request] as you suggested to me in another post?

All Success,
Minstrel

Mario

This will be a substantial change because it goes deep into the plug-in system.
I'm currently focusing on bug fixing and small feature requests. So I cannot tell when I will add this. This will be quite some work, several days at least.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

meyersoft

With version .108, we have user-defined filetypes (and even more comfortable to add than in imatch 3...)!
Great, thanks Mario!