VarToy Vs. Metadata Panel

Started by Darius1968, July 18, 2022, 08:23:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darius1968

Currently, VarToy is proving very useful in letting me see both a mix of metadata and variables in the same place (without the need to keep switching though the Categories/Attributes/Metadata Panels) via these variables: 
{File.MD.XMP::dc\title\Title\0}

{File.Categories|filter:tv series;replace:~;=={lf}}

{File.AT.Video Files.Video/Still|replace:~;=={lf}}

Without it, the other options to have a mix of metadata, attributes, and categories be viewable all together in the same place are either the File Window Tip or a File Window Layout.  But, I've found that VarToy is a kind of a MD panel, but also for categories and attributes too. 

It would be perfect for what I want to use it for, if there was a way to 'save layouts', as can be done with the MD panel.  I can cope with this by way of the IMatch Notepad, whereby I can save the list of variables for later recall.  But, is there a quicker way I can rely on this workflow that I'm missing? 

Mario

VarToy allows you to save variables and to recall them later.
Use the Save button and the history back and forward buttons. Using the IMatch Notepad allows for better organization, though, if you have more than a handful of variables to retain.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook