fit image to window

Started by chupacabra, January 15, 2022, 08:08:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chupacabra

I believe I read once that there is a way to automatically make an image fill the Viewer window. Currently when I bring up the viewer window, smaller images are displayed small in the viewer compared to larger images.  If I bring up an image in the  viewer and zoom in on it and then close the viewer, the next time I bring up a simlarly-sized image in the viewer it is zoomed in too.

I'd rather have the option to have my image size itself to my viewer window. If an image was zoomed in in the viewer, the next time an image is displayed there it is shown at normal size. If a small (small number of megapixels) is displayed in the viewer, I'd like the image to be sized to fit the viewer window.

is there a way to do this?

Mario

I'm not quite sure I understand.
When you zoom into the Viewer, this zoom is applied to all images. It does not "snap back" when you switch to another image.

To make the Viewer fill the screen for smaller images, all you need to do is to set the corresponding option. It's in the zoom menu in the right-click context menu and it is also explained in the Viewer help: Enlarge Smaller Images (Fill Screen)

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook