feature update to Map panel

Started by chupacabra, December 16, 2021, 02:41:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chupacabra

The Map panel will show you the map corresponding to a photo's GPS coordinates but the map will not allow you to copy any text from the map. Example: I have photos taken in a church in Italy and the photo does have GPS coordinates. I did not note the name of the church or the city when I took the photos. I depended on GPS coordinates to show me where I was.

I clicked on the globe icon on my image thumbnail and it showed the church as being "Santuario nostra Signora della Lettera - Chiesa di San Giacomo" in the town of Santa Margherita Ligure. That is more than I can remember and I have trouble spelling Italian words. I thought I would copy the name of the church and the town from the map but that is not allowed.

I went into Capture One and brought up its map and was able to copy the name of the town and the name of the church. Capture One uses google maps in the browser. 

It would be easier if I could copy that information from your map, saving me from having to round-trip between the two tools.

see example attached.

Carlo Didier

sinus

Hmmm, my map looks different, I wonder, how you get your interesting view.

I can copy such names, see attachement.

Generally it is a good thing beeing able to copy, of course.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

I can copy the info show in these popups in all maps (Google, Bing, Here, OSM).
Select the text, press <Ctrl>+<C> as usual.

What problem exactly do you want to solve? How did you try to "copy" the information in IMatch?
Which map provider do you use? C1 enforces Google I believe?

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook