Remember Layout for Folder/Subfolders?

Started by abgestumpft, October 18, 2021, 05:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abgestumpft

Hi,

I currently have two main layouts in imatch: one for photos and one for videos.
Fotos and Videos are organized on different disks / folders:
X:\Videos\...
Y:\Fotos\...

Is it possible to define the "Photo Layout" as default for everything in Y:\Fotos\... and the "Video Layout" for everything in "X:\Videos\..."?
I tried it with "Remember Layout" but this seems to work on one folder only (ignoring subfolders).

Currently I'm always switching layouts manually when changing from folders from video<->photo.

Mario

This setting is pro folder / category (the layout is linked to the unique id). It is also part of the workspace.
If you want IMatch to remember layouts for individual folders, you need to enable this option once per folder. It does not work recursively.

Have you considered using different workspaces (Loading and Saving Workspaces) for different types of files?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

abgestumpft

The workaround with using different workspaces is too "complicated": everytime I change video<->photo I need to go to the menu and then also wait a few seconds until workspace is loaded.
I only want the Layout and Metadatapanel to be changed/adjusted.
For metadatapanel this works perfectly fine, since I can automatically filter via:
Show for files of type 'Multimedia'
Show for files of type 'Image'

For the Layout I will work with the "Remember Layout" option for now.
Let's see, maybe I open a feature request on this in a few days  :D

Mario

Quote from: abgestumpft on October 18, 2021, 08:21:20 PM
Let's see, maybe I open a feature request on this in a few days  :D
Feel free to do so. But, frankly, since no user has requested this ever since IMatch 5 (if my memory serves, which it usually does), this might be a rather isolated problem.
But, as always, I'm happy to learn from FR's if users think different.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook