Duplicates and how to get rid of them

Started by Burax, October 14, 2021, 09:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burax

Hi,

As a test, I added a folder with lots of MP3.
As a result, all MP3s as well as included cover images are displayed as duplicates, which of course they are not.

So my question:
How can I get rid of this (incorrect) duplicate assignment (not only related to mp3)?
And is there information, a panel or a list which files IMatch considers duplicates?

The same information would also be useful for buddy files, so that one would know which files IMatch recognizes as buddy after the link printout.

Thanks very much!

Mario

Do you let IMatch check for visual duplicates (not optimal in your use-case) or for binary duplicates (copies)?
Check under Edit > Preferences > Indexing.

If you don't work with images, either turn this feature off or switch to "binary identical".
If you use "visually identical" and many of your files produce the same thumbnail (or none), they will be considered as duplicates of course. This is the intended behavior.

See the IMatch help (press F1 in E > P > Indexing dialog)  or click here: Searching for Duplicate Files
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Burax

Hi,

It is always amazing what functions are hidden in the depths of the settings.  :)

Of course, I mainly use IMatch for pictures, but you can see the properties of MP3, which is useful at times.

So IMatch should be able to search for duplicates visually, but with the exception of certain file types (here: MP3).
Ok, unnecessary, I solved that with a category that shows duplicates without MP3 using a formula, fits!

Thank you Mario!