Search person in viewer

Started by frankdarwin, August 30, 2021, 08:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frankdarwin

The face recognition in IMatch works great. It is the best I have encountered so far.
Nevertheless, after face recognition in pictures with similar persons, sometimes there are
wrong assignments. I think this is not a bug and also not avoidable.
However, this always means manual rework, which can be very time-consuming.

Unfortunately there is no possibility to search for persons in the viewer.

If a picture has many people standing very close to each other or behind each other, it is very difficult to find the person who was wrongly recognized.

If you could search for one (the wrong) person in the viewer, it would make the work much easier.

Frank

CVKen3

I wonder if you could just highlight the unconfirmed people by making a thicker outline, different color, or filling in the box with a transparent color? I've occasionally had to hunt around a picture to find an unconfirmed face, where it turned out to be a doorknob or some pattern in the wallpaper!

CVKen3

Quote from: CVKen3 on August 31, 2021, 12:26:54 AM
I wonder if you could just highlight the unconfirmed people by making a thicker outline, different color, or filling in the box with a transparent color? I've occasionally had to hunt around a picture to find an unconfirmed face, where it turned out to be a doorknob or some pattern in the wallpaper!

Sigh. When I say "you could", I really meant "I wonder if Mario could...". Clearly we can't, as users, change these things.

Mario

Quote from: CVKen3 on August 31, 2021, 12:26:54 AM
(...) I've occasionally had to hunt around a picture to find an unconfirmed face, where it turned out to be a doorknob or some pattern in the wallpaper!

Unconfirmed faces use a red label background instead of green. And they also display a green "check" button. Unassigned faces show a ? on a red background.
You can use <Tab> and <Shift>+<Tab> to navigate between face annotations, this should make it easy to find any face annotation IMatch has been created, even when you don't immediately see it.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook