Database diagnosis - Assign category or bookmark to face annotation warnings

Started by hluxem, August 26, 2021, 04:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hluxem

I do have a about 60K faces in my database. Every time I run the diagnosis I get up to ~ 100 warnings related to face annotations like below. When I run the diagnosis a second time there will be only the multiple layer warning. After working with the database for a while the other warnings come back. I don't know what is causing this, but it makes me uncomfortable when a warning says face removed and I don't know which file it is. What good is a warning when there is nothing you can do?

Currently I copy the warnings, extract the fileID's, create a list with the ID's separated with comma and then copy and paste them in a hacked script which bookmarks the files with warning.

Best would be to bookmark or assign a category to the files in question. I don't know if this is possible during a diagnosis. Listing the file id's separated with comma for each of the errors so they can be easily copied in a script would be nice too.

QuoteWarning: File [317987] has face annotations on multiple layers. This may cause issues with the order in which faces are presented in the File Window and Person variables.
Warning: File [317987] face [89438] has a mismatch in face/anno sort order.
Warning: Face [97416] for file [351171] has no annotation object. Face removed.

Mario

The first will always be reported until you move the face annotations on a single layer.
For 2 and 3 I would need to know exactly how you create these problems, which steps you perform etc. Do a step, run the diagnosis to see if the error shows up. Repeat until it shows up.

The annotation Z order and the face order should always be in sync - it controls the order in which the persons are listed in the variables.
Do you reorder faces, re-arrange faces, copy & paste faces, use the Gallery, ...

A face without annotation is wrong. But, again, I would need to know exactly how you produce this problem.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

hluxem

QuoteI would need to know exactly how you produce this problem.

If I only would know and could reproduce it. It's a fairly big data base and the diagnosis runs quite a while. If I know which files are involved I probably could say more. That's why I posted a feature request, not a bug report. I think if it's worth to post a warning in the log file there should be an easy way to identify the files in question. Just a list of File Id's separated with commas in the log file would be sufficient.

QuoteI would need to know exactly how you produce this problem.

Not sure if it's me or Imatch :>)

I certainly have a lot of face annotations. I usually run face recognition first and then use the viewer to complete. I do use quite a bit of copy and paste and the user gallery to add persons while reviewing the images in the viewer. I do use the new inset feature as well.   
I will keep an eye on it and see if I find a way to reproduce this.

CVKen3

QuoteWarning: File [71169] face [85920] has a mismatch in face/anno sort order.

I get these all the time. If I run through a group of photos and update the face annotations, it's almost every time that a subsequent database diagnostics will turn up at least a few of these warnings, sometimes a lot (30 or more).

I often update a couple of hundred images at a time, sometimes changing or adding 50 to 100 faces.

I don't think it's the original run of face recognition on a group of pictures that causes problems, I think it's updating faces in the file viewer.

Things I do when updating the face annotations:

1. Rerun annotations for the file in the viewer. That's F6, down arrow (remove and re-run), ENTER.
2. Add a face or two manually and assign a name to the face. I use Insert Key, draw box, F2, select name.
3. Link a bunch of names to an image. Ctrl-M, L; then select some people and accept (using ENTER key or the OK button).

Note that sometimes when I add a bunch of faces, I draw all the boxes first (Insert key, draw box, insert key, draw box, etc.) and then "name" the faces by going through them with the TAB key and pressing F2 for each focused key.

Also, sometimes when I link a bunch of names to an image in the viewer, it fails to add the "purple face boxes" to the image. Usually either restarting the program or running a diagnostics will fix this.

CVKen3

FWIW, just did another group of about 300 files. Ran face annotation, cleaned up all the unconfirmed faces. Ran database diagnostics:

PersonManager Stats:
    Files with faces: 20722
    Persons: 223
    Faces: 41287
    Confirmed: 41287
    Unconfirmed: 0
    Unassigned: 0
    Manual: 0
    Warning: File [64858] face [86077] has a mismatch in face/anno sort order.
    Warning: File [64948] face [86069] has a mismatch in face/anno sort order.
    Files: 20722
    Faces: 41287
    Entities: 41287. Confirmed: 41287
    Entity keywords: 0.
    Vector data size: 28879KB
    Thumbnail data size: 441184KB
    Annotations without face data: 2992KB
Completed.