search problem

Started by chupacabra, August 25, 2021, 04:52:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chupacabra

I have all my photo directories on my D: drive. I have them organized by state. I have all my car and truck photos marked with the keyword "cars & trucks". My default method is "frequently used tags".

I selected an individual state directory and searched for "cars". It returned a set of photos of cars as I expected. Then I selected the "D" drive icon on the left in imatch and repeated my search for "cars" but nothing was returned. 

Question 1: why did this search work on my state directory but not on the entire drive?

Question 2: I have "hide rejected files" set as a filter but rejected files still display in my search results. Why is that? I really would rather not see the rejected files in my search results.

I know that the more better way to do this search would be to use the "keywords" search option but I was lazy and just used my default way of searching.

ubacher

QuoteQuestion 1: why did this search work on my state directory but not on the entire drive?

I assume you have not selected "Show hierarchy". Yellow on screenshot below.

Mario

In the Media & Folders View, I use the File Window search bar to search for some keywords in a folder on my D: drive. IMatch finds 12 files.
I now click on the D: drive. IMatch loads the entire disk into the File Window and then runs the search. It finds 40 files, including the 12 files from the initial folder.

When I enable the File Properties filter (the check box in the caption bar is checked and the caption bar is blue) all rejected files are hidden from the File Window.
This removes 3  files out of the 40 files found by the search bar.

So this works, at least here.

When you click on the drive, how many files are loaded into the File Window? The caption bar tells you.
When you apply your search, are no files found? Some files? You only say "don't work" but not exactly what did not work.
Is the File Properties filter enabled? The check box ticked in the caption? Does the Filter Panel show a blue bar at the top with "No filter active" perhaps?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Mario

Quote from: ubacher on August 25, 2021, 06:35:23 AM
I assume you have not selected "Show hierarchy". Yellow on screenshot below.
If you click on a drive or the Database node, all files are loaded, The hierarchical mode in this situation only controls whether you see all files as a large set of files, or if the files are grouped by folder (in the Media & Folders View) - this is controlled by the Show Hierarchy option in that menu. The number of files loaded into the File Window is always the same.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook