"Link to Person" feature sometimes not working

Started by birdbrain, August 23, 2021, 10:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

birdbrain

First of all, thank you for the "Link to Person" feature AND the easier way to manually annotate faces.  These are both great time savers, easy to use, and I believe will help improve the auto-face recognition (as I will try to include and train on "good" faces, not partially hidden, etc.)

Occasionally, however, Link to Person does not work.

Most of the time, the blue box appears, I enter the name, etc.  All good.  Sometimes, no blue box appears at all.

I have a photo where I wanted to link to a name "X" and it wouldn't work.  If I tried to link other names on that same photo no problem.  If I tried to link "X" on a different photo, also no problem.

So it seemed to be a combination of the photo and the person.

Any advice?

Thank you, Joe

Mario

I need more details.

"I does not work with one specific file and one specific person" does not really allow me to reproduce this.

1. Run a database diagnosis.

2. Does this image maybe is already assigned to the person, but the face annotation is invisible?
We had that with some images created by Apple devices which stored face regions with a width and height of 0 and a position outside the image.
IMatch imported these face regions but did not show them.

3. If you copy the image in Windows Explorer (not in IMatch) into another folder in your database and then rescan that folder, does the problem persists?
In that case the image is the culprit and you can send it to me.

4. If it works now, this is something tied to your specific database. I then need the database for further analysis.

5. Or, maybe you can come up with step-by-step which reproduces this reliably?
If I can reproduce it here, i can fix it.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

birdbrain

Quote from: Mario on August 24, 2021, 08:33:43 AM
Does this image maybe is already assigned to the person, but the face annotation is invisible?
We had that with some images created by Apple devices which stored face regions with a width and height of 0 and a position outside the image.
IMatch imported these face regions but did not show them.
This is a possibility.  But meanwhile I added a "normal" face manually, deleted it, then "Link to Person" worked fine.

If this recurs with another photo, I will follow your recommended steps to diagnose first.

frankdarwin

Quote from: birdbrain on August 24, 2021, 10:01:04 PM
This is a possibility.  But meanwhile I added a "normal" face manually, deleted it, then "Link to Person" worked fine.

I had the same problem.
The way to add and delete a face manually did not work for me.
After that I ran database diagnostics (2 times) and the link was added.