Play key strokes from an icon in favourites panel

Started by Stefanjan, August 17, 2021, 10:34:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stefanjan

Quote from: Mario on August 14, 2021, 11:19:23 AM
There is an function in the IMatchLib which returns a list of all commands (IMatch.commandList) and another function which executes a command (IMatch.commandExecute). This could be a good basis to write an app for this purpose. I could also build that into a future version, if there is a FR and enough +1 for it.
Allow users to add a single or multiple keystrokes to an icon in the favourites panel.

Users would be able to create their own multi action macro buttons.

This would mean IMatch users do not need to use additional hardware or software.

This could be a significant USP.

sinus

What is USP?  ???

Generally, if I could use inside IMatch some Actions (like Photoshop) or put several key-commands into one or something like this, I would of course give a  big

+1

At the moment I use some key-commands with my corsair-keyboard, I could then use them for something else.  ;D

I am sure, if Mario things about this, that he would find a very good solution, whatever it may look like.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

loweskid

hluxem

+1

Not all menu items have keyboard short cuts, it would be nice if menu items like Exif Rotation could be added to the icons as well.

Stefanjan

I imagine that menu keystrokes could easily have an icon.

For example, I'd find it useful to be able to switch workspaces. Normally I have IMatch configured with lots of panels on my second monitor but sometimes I want to switch to the default layout so that I can read the help files or the forum:

ALT V R 1 = Default workspace
ALT V R 3 = Stefan's 2 monitor

I can imagine setting up many more workspaces for different tasks. I'd never remember those key strokes but seeing visually on icon would be great!

ubacher

The problem I see with replaying a set of keystrokes is that their effect would depend on which
panel is currently active. I see a need to be able to first set the active panel before executing the keystrokes.

Else +1

sinus

Quote from: ubacher on August 18, 2021, 07:57:21 AM
The problem I see with replaying a set of keystrokes is that their effect would depend on which
panel is currently active. I see a need to be able to first set the active panel before executing the keystrokes.

Else +1

Hmmm ... maybe I see it not. I mean, this is of course the case, where you are, like it is also important, depending on the keys, on what file the focus is.
But this is the responsibility of the user, not?

I mean, the same, e.g. in photoshop, where you have actions. It is in your responsibility, where you are (what image, level ...), before you let run an action.
And the same is true for my programmable keys.

But regardless of that, if we can jump into the different panels with a key combination, that would of course be very welcome.
I'm not sure if that doesn't already work, though, I searched help but didn't find anything, not even in the cheat sheet.
But ok, it's morning and I might be missing a coffee or two.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

Ctrl+Tab navigates between panels: Switching between Panels
Frequently used panels (MD and kW) have their own shortcuts to activate them, listed in the Edit menu and the View menu > Views...
To switch between Views use the keyboard shortcuts listed under View menu > Views ...
The <F9>,<F9> keyboard shortcuts always activates the File Window in the Active View

There is a lot you can use, if you look at the menus available.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook