Seeking best management and maintenance suggestions for Keyword and @Keyword

Started by jma, February 18, 2021, 04:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jma

I'm trying to determine the best way to remove/de-clutter the @Keywords and corresponding Keywords (from the Keyword Panel) I no longer need while keeping the keywords in sync between both the Keyword Panel/Thesaurus Manager and the Categories>@Keyword list.

When I delete a keyword from the Keyword Panel (or via the Thesaurus Manager) the same keyword persists in the Categories list.  Is there a way to synchronize and update Keywords between the Keyword/Thesaurus Panel and the Categories/@Keyword listing?

In the Categories listing I have also tried 1) the "Reload/Refresh" option, and 2) when right-clicking on the @keyword to be removed under the "Advanced Commands>Refresh all data driven categories" but the Category>@keyword remains in the list.

*note:  I was unsure what the "Advanced Commands>Clear Category Thumbnail" might do so I did NOT use it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.  --John

Mario

QuoteWhen I delete a keyword from the Keyword Panel (or via the Thesaurus Manager) the same keyword persists in the Categories list.

Select @Keywords in the Category View and set the Keep empty categories option for it to No. You do this in the properties panel below the categories tree.
See specifically Keep Empty Categories and also the @Keywords Category help topic in the IMatch help to learn more about @Keywords and its many features and options.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook