Filter for aspect ratio

Started by Mees Dekker, February 18, 2021, 09:34:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mees Dekker

In the filter panel "Orientation and Dimensions" are a few pre-defined aspect ratio's to choose from.

A. Could a new ratio 5:7 be introduced (this the aspect ratio for A-size pape (like A1, A2, A3, A4 etc).
B. is it possible to introduce a ratio that can be modified by the user in order to cater for specific needs (e.g. panorama's and other)

ubacher

I have written an app for this. It was one of my first apps, primitive but working.
I just reposted the latest code - I might have changed code as the coding requirements changed.

Select files to be filtered - enter upper and lower ratio and search.

PS: the first time you run it it will complain because it can not find the file where the settings are stored.
After first entry and closing this should be OK.

Mees Dekker

Downloaded and installed: works perfectly. Just what I was looking for. Thank you many times.

Hope Mario can/will also implement my first request : predefined aspect ratio for A-series paper in the filter panel.

Mario

I have added a number of additional aspect ratios frequently used in images in one of the recent releases.
I can add another aspect ratio for DIN A (1∶√2) (1,41) if there is demand.

Not sure what you would like to enter for the user-defined aspect ratio? A floating point number? Two numbers?

Tip: If you need this frequently and you have many different aspect ratios to deal with, have you considered just using a data-driven category, based on a variable?
For example, this variable

{File.Width|cast:int;math:div,{File.Height|cast:int},1}

produces a data-driven category which groups all your files by their aspect radio, with one digit precision.
Using numerical ranges or replace mask you can further fold/reduce the number of categories produced or rename them.
It does not calculate the gcf or gcd, though.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Mees Dekker

The aspect ratio for DIN A would be nice, since that is a very common selection I need (since I started printing myself)

All other ratio selections can be performed by using Ubachers app .

Mario

I have added a 5:7 (DIN-A* series) to the File Format filter for IMatch 2021.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Mees Dekker