Added new format: Blender

Started by sinus, February 15, 2021, 08:25:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinus

Hi Mario
I have added in the preferences a new format (what is not in the default formats here), the software-files from 3D Blender:

I have added them as vector-files (class) and the files as .BLEND;BLEND1

It works fine, but when I made a diagnosis, IMatch-log tells me:

Checking photools.com metadata tags for consistency:
    Warning: Class invalid for file [10770]. Repaired.
    Warning: Class invalid for file [10772]. Repaired.

But as written, IMatch seems have to repaired that, a second diagnosis was fine without errors.
I wonder, what IMatch has changed (repaired), because the new format for Blender in the preferences has not changed.
Did I choose the wrong class, maybe?

But as written, now it works fine, IMatch seems to have solved all user-problems.  ;D Magically.

Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

You have changed the "class" of the files by adding user file format for files already in your database. So IMatch had to fix that in the diagnosis once.

Before adding a custom format, it is usually wise to ask me if I can add it as a standard format. We have discussed the same issue a few month back, when I recall correctly.
Blender is a standard application and I use it myself. I just never added it to IMatch, because it is just one of literally hundreds of 3D graphic formats in use today. Typically you don't manage these intermediate or project formats in a DAM, only the final results (images, movies, documentation).
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

sinus

Quote from: Mario on February 15, 2021, 08:57:45 AM
You have changed the "class" of the files by adding user file format for files already in your database. So IMatch had to fix that in the diagnosis once.

Before adding a custom format, it is usually wise to ask me if I can add it as a standard format. We have discussed the same issue a few month back, when I recall correctly.
Blender is a standard application and I use it myself. I just never added it to IMatch, because it is just one of literally hundreds of 3D graphic formats in use today. Typically you don't manage these intermediate or project formats in a DAM, only the final results (images, movies, documentation).

Oh, thanks, Mario, great.
Hmmm, IMatch is for me a DAM, and a true DAM, where I can manage files, all files what I have to manage.  8) Otherwise I could manage my files with another Files-video-office-managment-system.
If I would add only the final results for 3D (or for e.g. InDesign-files) to IMatch, then I had a chaos, or I could do it with a very clever folder-system ... where I would not use IMatch at all.

Therefore I prefere adding a lot of different files into IMatch, a true DAM.  ;D

But the next time I will ask you before I add a format, thanks! 
:)
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus