I Want "date created" blank

Started by rgdudley, January 15, 2021, 09:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rgdudley

Is there a relatively simple way to make "date created" blank. 

I get sent images sent to me via FaceBook etc which have no or limited exif data. If I don't know the image date, I want to leave this field blank, but often I get a "date created" as the date it was downloaded.  Is there a way to make that field blank?
R

Mario

See How IMatch uses Date and Time Information for information about IMatch populates required XMP tags.
IMatch needs at least one usable date for your files, otherwise things like the Timeline View or sorting by date etc. won't work.

If you want to upload images to web sites, why not use the Batch Processor in IMatch?
It not only allows you to resize and convert your images, ad watermarks and copyright info, but it also gives you full control over if and which metadata you want to include in the files you upload. This is what most users prefer.
It may not be smart  to upload images to social web sites without an explicit copyright notice. Facebook and others consider the images then as open source and do whatever they want with your files...
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

jch2103

Quote from: rgdudley on January 15, 2021, 09:20:32 PM
Is there a relatively simple way to make "date created" blank. 

I get sent images sent to me via FaceBook etc which have no or limited exif data. If I don't know the image date, I want to leave this field blank, but often I get a "date created" as the date it was downloaded.  Is there a way to make that field blank?

As Mario said, IMatch needs dates to be able to handle image properly for things like sorting. That's why it adds dates based on best available information (e.g., date file modified). If you receive images without dates but want to be able to keep track of them, the easiest way is probably to use a metadata template (see the Help for more details). If you don't know the actual date, you can add an arbitrary one (e.g., 1/1/2021) that makes it easier to find those images that don't have known dates.
John